šŸ”¹ Card-mod - Add css styles to any lovelace card

Did you reload themes first? Can you remove the card-mod part in case thatā€™s interfering?

I did reload themes first. I just tried with the entirety of card-mod commented out and still have to opaque header.

No it doesnā€™t. It generates an error (blured preview)

Another example:

To me it seems those syntaxes are not interchangeable.

I was asking question about documentation of .: and $: - where they originate from. While you give me some clues about both of how to use them and Iā€™m grateful for this I was asking for reference documentation be able to better understand how it works. Iā€™m pretty sure $: is not yaml related. .: might be but found no docs about it so far

Iā€™m seeing this as well. I also tried changing it in the theme.

Ask in the themes topic, not the regular topic. I believe this is caused by the lovelace background only covering your lovelace view, not the whole thing, so transparency is actually working.

Youā€™re right, I just noticed that is the case. Any idea how to fix it?

Well, I have it working in 0.118 without using card-mod so it isnā€™t a card-mod issue but something changing on Frontend in this releaseā€¦

Sorry, I forget there are two topics for thisā€¦

hey, not working for me in 0.118

how are you making it work in 0.118 working in 0.116.4 but not in 0.118

entity: light.dressing_1_profile
icon: 'mdi:led-strip-variant'
name: Dressing Profile 1
style: |
  ha-card {
    size: 10px;
    border: solid 2px;
    width: 200px;
    height: 150px;
    border-radius: 10px;
    filter: opacity(75%);
  }
type: light

TIA

That was in reply to the Lovelace header transparency issue.

Also a new version of HA is out, 2020.12.0.

agreed about the new version but do you think this will still work in 118 or should be downgraded back to 116

Which thing?

this card mod is not doing anything in 118, it does not say that element does not exist but it is unable to do the modding , as you msgd that it is working for you in 0.118 did you do some changes to anything to make it work , all my borders are gone

hope this clears up what i am trying to say

How are you applying the borders? If you go to HACS, does it say card-mod not loaded?

Unfortunately i got the same issues hereā€¦ the addon have no function.
I also have the newest versions installed, due to a complete reinstall.

Other installed addons are working very well.

Itā€™s probably still working, but HAā€™s cards changed, so your styling isnā€™t applying. Could you share your code?

one with the border looks like this weather card with little border outside even the brightness card

The one without borders look like this

Screen Shot 2020-12-16 at 7.39.02 PM

not using HACS just the manual install , will try to do HACS way if you recommend that it is what you are doing ? and its working for you

Some stuff may need to be updated for newer releases. What I do works. What weather card are you using? What CSS code are you using?