Card Tools popup? (Homekit style card )

Hi everyone,

So i made a third version of the slider popup for covers.

It works the same as the media_player except it has 1 extra config option ** sliderService** where you need to set if you want to control the normal position or the tilt position with the slider.

I first thought to make 1 pop-up that could work for most entities but configuration gets much more complicated and i can make these pretty quick :slight_smile:

Screenshot to finish it:

3 Likes

Hey @DBuit,

finale made it to have this popup show on each button, and use it in the button_template (opposed to writing it on each and every light entity card).
in my previous attempt above, I forgot to use the correct JS syntax used in the button card. duh. here is the correct thing, using browser-mod:

hold_action:
    haptic: heavy
    action: call-service
    service: browser_mod.command
    service_data:
      command: popup
      title: >
        [[[ return entity.attributes.friendly_name ]]]
      style:
        position: fixed
        z-index: 999
        top: 0
        left: 0
        height: 100%
        width: 100%
        display: block
        align-items: center
        justify-content: center
        background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.8)
        color: 'var(--primary-color)'
        flex-direction: column
        margin: 0
        "--iron-icon-fill-color": "#FFF"
      card:
        type: custom:light-popup-card
        entity: >
          [[[ return entity.entity_id ]]]
#        icon:  >
#           [[[ return entity.attributes.icon ]]]
        brightnessWidth: 150px
        brightnessHeight: 400px
        switchWidth: 150px
        switchHeight: 400px

Since I couldn’t read the name of the entity, next to the X, let me ask this:

What would be the variable to use for coloring the title? Also, could we position the name centrally in the popup, atop the icon, or at least in that small column of icon, % and slider?

I’ve now set color: 'var(--primary-color)' and that makes the card follow theming so it seems for now :wink:
I’ve also not used the icon template, since I have all my lights customized, and that follows suit nicely.

3 Likes

Hey @DBuit,

Thanks again for this great card! Unfortunately the following does only work partially for me:

It does work for my Hue LED Strip, but not my other lights. I configured all the icon colors exactly the same way (greyscale, based only on brightness %) - but for the other ones it shows the standard yellow.

BTW: it shows the correct icon_color in developer settings and other cards.

52 vs. 12

Thank you very much for any feedback!

EDIT: My bad, it was only luck that the color was matching - as the led strip was white… :sweat_smile:
Would it somehow be possible to make it compatible with custom ui? This and the integrated light card are the only (to my knowledge) where it does not work fully.

Hello everyone,
I just updated the light pop-up (https://github.com/DBuit/light-popup-card) with a few requested changes.

First three configuration options to change color of the slider

• sliderColor (Change color of the slider)
  • sliderColoredByLight (Let the slider color be defined by the lights color/brightness *overwrites sliderColor)
  • sliderThumbColor(Change the color of the line that you use to slide the slider)

And In new version the brightness is shown at the slider while sliding so you can directly see what percentage you are setting before releasing it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone,
Just release new version of the light pop-up card (https://github.com/DBuit/light-popup-card)
New stuff

• Added sliderTrackColor to configuration to change the color of the track.
  • Added settings which enable an extra page on the pop-up that displays the more-info pop-up content to give more control
  • Added settingsCard when settings is enabled you can instead render any lovelace card on the extra page (Check readme for example configuration)

Fixed

• Fullscreen setting when false also removes the negative margin on the icon so the pop-up is still displayed correctly.

Screenshot of the settings:

hi, when i use the slider in the popup card, when i set the brightness to 100% the real value is 99%,
Anyone else with this problem?
Regards

Yeah, I have this since I first used it (iPad and iPhone, iOS 13.3). Haven’t tested other platforms yet though.

Then same in Android

Love the new enhancements! Quick question. Would like to be able to use the settings button to call a script. Not requesting a change on you part, just wanted to know if it is possible for me to edit the .js to achieve this? Thanks!

Seems to be apparent on some devices. My IKEA and Philips lights work fine, but my xiaomi hub will never go to 100% and stick to 99%. Even if I’d do a service call to set it to say 50% it will be at 49%. Weird but ok

Hi,
That could be done but why nog use the actions that already work for scripts and you don’t ha Erp use colors as button can also be icon.

@DBuit I am going to try the new enhancements soon. Last question before I get to it. Could you do that settings button location on your other cards as well? (E.g. thermostat, cover and switch popup?)

Just liked the way it looks on the screen, off to the side, and was trying to use it as a navigate button to reopen the previously opened popup. I open this popup from a already opened popup. Will try that out to see. Thanks for the quick response!

I have the same problem with yeelight bulbs too

Just a weird question maybe, but isn’t yeelight from xiaomi? Would explain a bit though. Might be that all xiaomis have this ‘problem’. (if it isn’t xiaomi, aren’t they affiliated with them?)

Although the integration for Home Assistant does not belong to any xiaomi platform, if it is true that they will enter into the xiaomi ecosystem and are visible from the Mi Home app, it is probably related, it still has something to do with the value of brightness ranging from 0 to 255

Have this 99% issue with popup-card as well, with Yeelights (IKEA and Osram work fine). But 100% brightness does work when using service calls or by using the brightness slider on more-info page with the Yeelights. So this is purely with Yeelights and this popup-card.

It does the same for me when using Apple’s Homekit. So I’m not entirely sure if it is related to this popup card. Button-card shows me 99% too even after a service-call. It would change to 99% in a little while.

Which is the brightness max value for Ikea and osram lights?

Strange. Using HomeKit my Yeelights go to 100%, no issues. Btw this 99% issue is with Yeelight bulbs and the Yeelight strips (only when using the popup-card in my case).