CentOS 7 Minimal Install & Docker + TTS

Hi all,

Currently running Home Assistant via a docker image hosted on CentOS 7 - and this works really well thus far. To date I have been been able to configure zones, proximity and a few scripts (called via Amazon Echo) to perform actions such as turn on the radio in the kitchen. The radio in the kitchen is serviced via a Yamaha amplifier (zone 2) and switched via changing the source to ‘NET RADIO’. This all works as expected

What I am looking to do is expand this with TTS - firstly just with a sample:

script:
  tts_test:
    alias: tts test
    sequence:
      - service: media_player.turn_on
        entity_id: media_player.rxa3040_zone_2
      - service: tts.google_say
        entity_id: media_player.rxa3040_zone_2
        data:

I have also configured base_url: with the local IP address of the system, however I am not port forwarding anything external -> internal currently.

When I run the TTS test script, I am not getting anything come through the speakers at all - so I am wondering if someone can help with the following:

1. For a CentOS 7 Minimal Installation / Docker install, should there be any additional packages that need to be installed (for CentOS itself - some media packages maybe?) for TTS to work?
  2. Should I be setting the media player to a specific source to receive the TTS mp3 data?
  3. Is there any way to debug this to get more detailed information - I am not seeing any errors when running the script - so I ‘assume’ its working but dont know where to check to see where it is breaking.

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Logging into the docker image itself, I can see:

XXXX_en_-_google.mp3

under the /tmp/tts directory. When I scp them out and play them on a PC, the file(s) contains the spoken words.

Any ideas on getting this passed through to the network receiver?

Thanks in advance,

Alex

Doing some further debugging I can see that the following is getting fired:

2017-08-28 17:45:49 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event call_service[L]: domain=media_player, service=play_media, service_data=media_content_id=http://XX.XX.XX.XX:8123/api/tts_proxy/d8f625023cb337aebc6146071c570ad1fce09d10_en_-_google.mp3, media_content_type=music, entity_id=['media_player.rxa3040_zone_2'], service_call_id=140093079943656-17>
2017-08-28 17:45:49 INFO (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event service_executed[L]: service_call_id=140093079943656-17>

It appears that potentially I am hitting a previously reported issue:

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/5653

However this seemed to be closed without further responses from the original submitter.

Happy to try and debug this further to work out what is going on here.

Home Assistant version 0.51.2 (via docker image)
Python 3.6.2 (via docker image)

Best regards,

Alex