Centralite Thermostat locks up

I have a centralite zigbee thermostat running on a Home Assistant setup. Several times now, I have noticed that it is no longer responding. The running log chart is a flatline, and when I try to change the temperature it jumps back after a couple of seconds. After I remove the front panel and take out a battery it works again.

Does anyone have a recommended solution, or a recommendation for a more reliable (yet affordable) thermostat?

Thanks.
Mike

Start by reading and following the advice in this → Guide for Zigbee interference avoidance and network range/coverage optimization

Headliners

• Zigbee Coordinator USB adapter connected via a long shielded USB extension cable.
  • Zigbee Coordinator USB adapter (extension cable) connected to a USB 2.0 port, (not USB 3.0).
  • Move Zigbee Coordinator USB adapter away from all electronic peripherals and other electrics.
  • Add more known good mains-powered Zigbee Router devices that act as Zigbee repeaters.
  • Upgrade the firmware on Zigbee Coordinator USB adapter if still have problems.

Thanks, that’s good info, but I don’t think the issue is with zigbee or HA (it’s all in a small apartment). The issue is with the thermostat - HA can still see it, but it isn’t responsive to commands.

I had very very similar issues in every respect with some Radiator TRV’s - battery out to fix issue, same as yours.
The interference advice you’ve been given is spot on. Try it; the size of your apartment is mostly irrelevant as the source of any interference might not even be yours, it could be from neighbours etc.
A work around I found was to place a Zigbee repeater (or smart plug) very close to the suspect device.
A a test (and if you can) move the thermostat close to your coordinator just to see if it responds any better.

Interference can be VERY localised, meaning that some things work fine, and others drop in and out.

Check out this video as a demonstration of that: