Chamberlain MyQ Support?

I think you can add and both control and monitor your MyQ Garage door opener? I’m trying to find a sample config on how to integrate it, but not certain of the settings.

Can anyone point me towards a sample config?

Moved to Feature Requests

It doesnt answer your question completly but myq garage doors paired with wink show up in Home assistant. However myQ does not allow control of garage doors by third party so you can only use the status of the doors.

This seems to be closer to what you are looking for Myq componenet issues

I’ll try and give that a shot this weekend when back from work travels.

But I believe MyQ does allow 3rd party control of doors and does not need to tied to a Wink Hub. I only say that as I am still using OpenHab, and their is a binding there for use in controlling and seeing the door state.

any word on whether or not this worked?

Just hooked up the myQ hub for our garage doors and have them connected to the wink. Like you, I would love to have actual control if possible.

If it doesn’t work, is there a possibility of making a tasker task (or series of them) that would literally enter the chamberlain or liftmaster apps directly and open/close the doors?

Look forward to hearing back

For anyone with a wink hub, control is possible if you use the following script to obtain your wink access token.

http://pastebin.com/F1EVijTq

Wink currently detects third party API access via the client_id and secret used to obtain the access token. This script uses the Android client id and secret to obtain credentials.

*Note: This could change at any time and stop working, just and FYI

Or you could have went here: https://home-assistant.io/components/wink/

The form on the page generates the token for you. Be aware that the token will need to be updated from time to time.

Check out the custom component over here. Last post has my latest script to support door names.

It allows control of MyQ without wink.

Offical support is not allowed and was removed because MyQ does not want third party automation.

2 Likes

@w1ll1am23 very interesting! I tried this and it worked. ( for now ) very cool find.