Change/Set closed state on cover

Hi,
I just installed a Ikea cover.
All is working fine with automations and so on.
It’s state though is always open, because my window can just use 45% of the total cover it always has the state of open.
Is there a possibility to change at what % state should change to closed?
As of now i’m considering making a custom switch with just the start and end value without confirming if it is open or closed since i only have open state.

Anyone have any suggestions how to fix this?

I have searched here and google aswell as looking at cover_template but i can’t find anything where i can set the actual end value from 0 to 45.

Or maybe it’s just not possible? :slight_smile:

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

I think you can do this on the blind itself

https://www.ikea.com/gb/en/manuals/fyrtur-block-out-roller-blind__AA-2172195-1_pub.pdf

Set maximum level of extension
Move the blinds to the desired position using
the Open/Close remote or the buttons on
blind. When blind is at the desired position,
you can double press the up or down button
on the blind to save this position as the new
maximum level of extension.
If you would like to clear the maximum level of
extension setting, first move the blind to the
top position. Afterwards, double press either
up or down button on the blind .
You cannot perform this setting using the
Open/Close remote.

Set the end value when it’s 45% unrolled and that will become 100% in the software.

Hi,
Thanks for your answer.
The blind stops with the end set. But the state does not change :frowning:
And since the state is still open, the button is greyd out for going up.
Perhaps there is no other way but creating dumb buttons.

Ok, I use deconz and this works fine. Except, that the state is reversed, e.g. it states the blind is closed unless it’s fully open. I use a template cover to reverse that behaviour and all is good.

Hi eggman, could you show me the config for that?
I was thinking about doing something like that aswell, but didn’t get it to work.

Here it is - the original blind is cover.kitchen_blind

cover:
  - platform: template
    covers:
      template_kitchen_blind:
        friendly_name: "Kitchen Blind"
        open_cover:
          service: cover.open_cover
          data:
            entity_id: cover.kitchen_blind
        close_cover:
          service: cover.close_cover
          data:
        set_cover_position:
          service: cover.set_cover_position
          data_template:
            position: "{{ position }}"

position_template: "{{ state_attr('cover.kitchen_blind', 'current_position') }}"
1 Like

Thanks, have not been able to try this yet.
Another problem has been showing it self.

My cover now constantly shows open instead, and no buttons within Home Assistant works, all this after a restart.
So i was lookin in deconz and i can’t remove the cover, i see it under lights but can’t remove it so i can reset it and add it again.
So i got tierd of it and haven’t done anything with it for a few days, just pushing the button manually on the cover it self.

I will answer as soon as i get it working again… :frowning:

Thanks so far anyway :slight_smile:

Hi again eggman, might you be using the repeater that comes with fyrtur? It should be needing a pairing with deconz aswell if it is used?
I don’t seem to get the blind to wake up, did not have this problem the first few days that i had set it up.
But now it sleeps and i can’t wake it up unless i go into vnc and ask for signal strength.
Not really sure what to do.

Hi,

No, I don’t use the repeater or the buttons. However, my blind’s in a room with several lightbulbs so they do act as repeaters and make quite a good mesh. If I want to change the blind height, other than with automation, I just tell google to set it to a certain %age.

On two occasions since I got the blind it’s stopped communicating (I’ve had it since the 1st week they came out in the UK), On both occasions taking the battery out for 30 seconds and replacing it sorted the issue out.

oh ok, will try that. thnx