Changes to ASEKO Pool Live and API that will affect the current integration

Regarding this post. Prev Post with image of the connectors on the board.

I found this image of the board in the “Home” model user guide 2024 ver (owners manuals) under the page “Accessories Connection”. Not sure that all models have the same functions?

We have the smaller unit called “NET”. The cheaper slimmed down model. An option to connect other functions to the board is not shown in the manual (Except You can connect an external screen though.) Doesn’t mean that some of the connectors doesn’t exist. It doesn’t have built in WiFi, however not an issue as I prefer stable connections with Ethernet cables. Connecting via TCP stream now to capture the data streams.

ASEKO Pool Manuals (Downloads)

Hi,

even the “NET” unit has RS485 connector for External display, as you have found in the user guide:

When I asked technician at Aseko (I got the cell phone no. from my pool wholeseller) about possibility (or the whole protocol description) to control my pool pump through my dosing unit through the cloud app few months ago, he answered there is no such functionality implemented in the cloud api (maybe it was just the way how to avoid to send me the protocol, i don’t know).
That’s why I focused on RS485 connection after then. The cloud api has been changed completely now, we will see later when populated.

The external display can read all the necessary parameters (External Touch Display en - Aseko Pool Technology ), but can control the pool pump (on/off) and other functionalities of dosing unit as well.
Focusing on cloud api protocol by sniffing the TCP packets is easy way, but it could happen the protocol itself will be limited (as stated by the technician) for our units. Maybe that’s the reason there are two mobile apps, Pool Live and Pool remote. Pool remote app can definitely control pool pump.
Cloud api endpoint for my unit is ipool.aseko.com, but for Pool remote units it should be iremote.aseko.com (check: iPool REMOTE change address - Aseko Pool Technology ). Different endpoints = different protocols?, I don’t know.

BTW Aseko has small app to setup the Kx cloud communication module, you can download it here: Aseko - Files.
My config is as follows:

It seems K1 device is the dosing unit itself and USK-K6 is cloud api communication module. The device and module are connected locally through LAN? It seems so, but I thought it is RS485 interconnection (as checked at the screenshot checkbox) .

But of course you can use web interface to setup USR-K6 as well.

1 Like