Charts on dashboard

Hi, I want to know how I have to do to put a graph to show temperature data in the panel, as a widget.

1 Like

Not possible at the moment. Some people are using the file camera platform to display graphs which were generated by a third-party tool. It’s a hack…

You can also take a look here

Thank you very much for your answere , but it would be a interesting function for Home Assistant.

1 Like

Any chance this gets added soon?

Love the idea that would be awesome

it is possible with an addition in HADashboard V1, but that is gonna be replaced completely with HADashboard V2.
and i am glad to say that graphs are coming soon!

1 Like

Is this Graphs feature already available ?

nope.
but it will come.
dashboard V2 is running stable for a long time and i already have created several custom widgets, so graphs are now on the top of my list.

Fantastic! Put it out there!!!

as soon as i have completely moved from appdaemon 2 to appdaemon 3.0 beta i will take time for that :wink:

2 Likes

Any update on graphs for HA Dashboard? The history graph is available in the home assistant GUI, so wondering why we cant have the same graph on a dashboard?

because it needs to be programmed?
because the dashboard doesnt have the same access to history as HA does?
there is a custom widget on the forum which uses influxdb

1 Like

The Graph Widget for influxdb is really good. A little difficult to set up (especially newcomers to HA and AppDaemon like me who don’t know the directory structure for CSS and custom widget files etc…) but well worth the effort. See attached picture…it looks great! A big advantage of this approach is the graphs are superconfigurable… tjntomas has done a great job creating many configurations you can change in the dashboard yaml file. The javascript is fairly easy to follow too if you need to fine tune things (like I changed the select first(value) to an average to get an hourly average instead of the first temperature for the hour). Great job Thomas!

1 Like