Cheap camera to Home Assistant

Dear All,
I have bought a cheap camera from aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000985680410.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.3dbf4c4dOeKTyg

It supports onvif but I cant configure it to my Home Assistant.

I have found the following info

• from its Android app iCSee:
    Device Version: R80X20-PQ

• from the web interface:
    Video In: 1
    Alarm In: 0
    Alarm Output: 0
    Audio In: 0
    Build Date:2020/3/23 14:28:2
    System: V5.00.R02.00030695.10010.344506.0020000
    Serial ID: 04870…

• from Port Scanner:
    HTTP NETSurveillance WEB
    Port 80 (TCP)
    Port 554 (TCP) H264DVR rtspd 1.0

If I try to configure it with the onvif integration (port 554) after 5 minutes waiting it said: Unknown error occurred
I think the relevant message in the log is the following:
Logger: root
Source: /srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/homeassistant/bootstrap.py:313
First occurred: 16:33:21 (8 occurrences)
Last logged: 20:23:18

Uncaught thread exception
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/usr/lib/python3.8/threading.py”, line 932, in _bootstrap_inner
self.run()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/wsdiscovery/threaded.py”, line 150, in run
self._sendPendingMessages()
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/wsdiscovery/threaded.py”, line 226, in _sendPendingMessages
self._sendMsg(msg)
File “/srv/homeassistant/lib/python3.8/site-packages/wsdiscovery/threaded.py”, line 213, in _sendMsg
sock.sendto(data, (msg.getAddr(), msg.getPort()))
OSError: [Errno 126] Required key not available

Do you have any idea how I can integrate this camera with my Home Assistant instance?

THX:
P!

Sorry, got a clue:
I did a portscan only between 1 and 1024, but there are more ports in use:

HTTP NETSurveillance WEB
Port 80 (TCP)
Port 554 (TCP) H264DVR rtspd 1.0
Port 8000 (TCP)
Port 8899 (TCP) gSOAP 2.7
Port 9530 (TCP)
Port 34567 (TCP)

I configured the integration successfully on port 8899, but there is no live stream on Home Assistant overview.

Do you have any suggestions?

sorry, everything is OK, ffmpeg was not installed.
I’m going to implement PTZ and audio features…

Hello petikeje,

Could you share what you’ve got so far with that camera?
Is PTZ working?
Do you plan to use TensorFlow or MotionEye to do any type of detection?

Tks

Hi,
I’m going to implement ptz feature based on the following thread:

I can already use the pan and tilt functions through the Services options of home assistant.
I would like also implement some detection functionality but I didn’t make any research about it.
I will keep you updated, if you wish.
BR:
P!

Hello petikeje,

Thanks for your message.
Yes, please giving me some feedback from what you are achieving.

@petikeje please, explain how you managed to configure the camera.

Yes, if you could provide specific workflow to get this camera working, that would be awesome! I have a camera I purchased from Wish a year or so ago, and I’ve never set it up, because I lost the directions that came with it, and Wish sucks for customer support. It was cheap, but supposedly has 355° x 90° motion tracking and rotation. But I can’t find anything about setting it up on Home Assistant… Trying to go through the notes you’ve posted so far, but if you have a specific workflow you could share it would be helpful. Thanks!

@petikeje The AliExpress link in your post says page not found. Can you please provide the model number/name of the camera that I can use to search on AliExpress?

Check this related info: How to trigger automation by mqtt message? - #5 by fquinto

and use this NMAP command: nmap --script rtsp-url-brute -p 554 192.168.1.xxx in order to found the RTSP url

This URL when working (test using VLC) is called input in this documentation: FFmpeg Camera - Home Assistant

Please find my guide how to install the camera here: Add ICSEE Camera to HA (rtsp)

This helped: