Cheap RGB RF bulb with HA?

Is it possible to use a cheap RF RGB light bulb with Home Assistant? Something like this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XCC49QD/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1503065947&sr=8-3-spons&keywords=rgb+bulb&psc=1

Maybe with something like the broadlink RM Pro?

Or does anyone know of a cheap £5-8 per bulb wifi bulb that works with HA? I want to be able to control it with google assistant/home?

Thanks
Gershy13

You sure that’s RF, the remote looks just like the generic ones they use with cheapo IR controlled RGB strips?

If it is, you could probably use it with an RM Pro in the same room but beware that they use a lot codes that are the same as those used by other devices, for instance, a lot of Xbox IR controls trigger changes in these.

One of the reviews actually mentions they’re IR.

Oh whoops my bad… well even if they are IR the rm pro can control them? Would it work? Or would it just be better to spend a bit more money and get the wifi bulbs?
What wifi bulbs are supported by home assistant (cheap ones), or directly supported by google home?

Thanks

I use yeelight (wifi) and hue (zigbee). You can check which light bulbs are supported by HA ‘out of the box’ at: https://home-assistant.io/components/#light

My advice would be to spend a bit more money and don’t go for cheap unknown/unsupported devices unless you’re willing to spend time on it to get them working.

thanks, they yeelight looks ok, although still slighly expensive. Ill try and see if there are any others supported by HA.

If you have broadlink RM Pro or Mini3. You can use this to integrate to HA.

@stelgenhof is working on a list of cheap wifi bulbs if interested

How To: Inexpensive ($10 US) WiFi RGB Bulb that works with Home Assistant - #311 by stelgenhof

How exactly? Yes I’m planning to get one…

Thanks I’ll have a look.

Broadlink RM Pro has a IR & RF learning feature. You can teach it with the existing IR remote of the RGB bulb. Check out the “Broadlink RM Pro” HA Component.

awesome… ill check it out.