Check if covers moved outside of HA

Hi,

I would like to create a switch of some sort that will tell me if my cover/blind was moved by someone using the physical swtich outside of HA. The covers are driven by a Z-wave roller shutter (with power draw measurement and tilt/position reporting available) but they can also be controlled by someone in the room using switches that are not smart.

I would like to disable my blind automations if someone actually changes the position by hand.

What’s a good way to approach that? I was thinking of creating an automation to flip the manual-mode switch triggered by non-zero power draw. But how do I prevent this executing if the command to move the blinds was sent by an HA automation?

You can set up an automation to react on state change events for specific entity and extract the user information. If user or trigger does not exist, i would assume it is via physical control.

Events can be triggered by users or service calls or other sensors.

1 Like

Great – I was hoping for something like that. It seems that lovelace actions have a user_id but no parent_id, autoamtions – only parent_id and the physical button is orphaned with both set to null.

1 Like