Child 2) Dishwasher
Child 3) Pets
Dad) Empty Dishwasher

Day 2:
Child 1) Dishwasher
Child 2) Pets
Child 3) None
Dad) Empty Dishwasher + Bins

Then it repeats, so it’s on a two-week cycle. I use node-red for all of my automations, but I’d like to be able to ask Alexa who turn it is for “x” or just to read out the entire chore list. I’d also like to set a reminder for myself on a Wednesday evening to take the bins out. I assume I can input booleans to achive this, but i’m not sure how to go about it.

Once I’ve figured this out, i’d like to be able to set reminders for the eldest two when they get home from school to do their specific chore for that day. Their phones are tracked, and HA know’s when they are at home.

Any help is really appreciated here.

Not sure how far long this journey you got, but I recently happened upon a way of making smarter voice notifications so it “feels” like Alexa/Google are interacting more with HA than they are. The YouTube video below has Alexa answering “Has the dog been fed today”. HA/Alexa don’t know, but that question has Alexa run a routing that just switches on an input boolean. NodeRed watches that boolean and when active, starts a flow that simply checks another boolean for on-off (dog fed or not) and plays one or other canned response based on the second boolean. It’s not Jarvis level voice control, but adds a little personality.

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/chores-keep-track-using-ha/153796

I’ve not ventured into this yet, but it’s on my ever growing list of things that would be cool to do at some point.