Chromecast Audio not working anymore

Hey,

I just updated from 0.54 to 0.57.2
Because I had to move my Raspberry I shut it down (via the frontend). Now HomeAssistant doesn’t seem to be able to find the chromecast devices (neither with a fixed IP, nor with automatic discovery). I did a factory reset of the chromecast devices, this didn’t help neither.

Did anyone experience something similar and might have a solution for me?

Thanks,
Tillmann

What firmware is your Chromecast running? I have the same issue here: Trouble with Chromecast Audio different firmware versions

1 Like

Cast firmware version: 1.28.100555

I just read the thread. Seems That it’s the firmware. But it’s quite unlikely that my upgrade and the google upgrade fell into the same timewindow (around 4 hours).

Randomly being happened to me too on a Chromecast audio and a google home. Firmware 1.28.xxxx is supposed to be a preview firmware that you sign up to participate in and I never did. So it is strange.

It might not have happened in the same time window, but the issue might be in the initial handshake from hass to the Chromecast. If that’s the case, it would explain your situation: the Chromecast updated silently at some point, but hass was already connected to it. Then, you restarted hass when you did the upgrade. At this point, hass lost it.

I’m on HASSIO 0.60 and still my CCA don’t show up. My CC2 does work flawlessly, but whatever I try, my 2 CCA’s won’t show up. Both have latest firmware installed.

Any solutions yet?