Clear Theme

I had signed up because I would like to give credit for this theme which became my starting point for my layout. I also want to add my despise in lovelace’s use of shadow roots and hurdles needed to make a page feel more personalized. none the less, after mix matching many modules and cards along with my own code, I finally formulated something that I’m fairly happy with.

The theme suits well for an old touch tablet which I also went with the design from https://twitter.com/teachingbirds/status/1151113630391427072/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1151113630391427072&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.home-assistant.io%2Fblog%2F2019%2F07%2F17%2Frelease-96%2F

Thanks to both authors for the foundation of my layout.

2 Likes

As I could only post one image as a new user, I will reply again to give a perspective to using it on the tablet

3 Likes

Can you share all this config?
I just started with HA so I don’t know where to start
thanks @bjornb

Please show me how to do it
@Nitram

Hey. This was just a screenshot of my theme/lovelace interface (the gui part). Sharing this config won’t get you a lot further. If you want some config of specific items in my config let me know. I’ll share it. But I am not posting my whole config online. If you’re just new, watch some yt movies to get started I would suggest.

1 Like

has this been noticed before?:
theme_color ignored: var(–text-color) is not a valid color…

I’ve just installed my new Rpi4 with the latest ha version, and this pops up in inspector:

only place I have this is in the theme clear (commented the color out for now):

clear:
  # Colors
  text-color: '#636B75'                                                           # Grey text
  text-light-color: '#BAC0C6'                                                     # Light grey text
  accent-color: '#00a1ff'                                                         # Blue
  background-color: '#F7F8F9'                                                     # Light grey background
  background-color-2: '#F4F5F6'                                                   # Light grey background
  background-card-color: 'rgba(255,255,255,1.0)'                                  # White background
  border-color: '#EAEAEA'                                                         # Light grey border

# Header
#  primary-color: 'var(--text-color)'                                              # Background
  text-primary-color: '#FFF'                                                      # Text

# Left Menu
  paper-listbox-background-color: 'var(--background-color)'                       # Background

# UI
#  paper-card-header-color: 'var(--text-color)'                                    # Title in settings
  primary-background-color: 'var(--background-color)'                             # Background (also title background in left menu)

# Card
  paper-card-background-color: 'var(--background-card-color, 0.6)'                     # Background
#  paper-card-background-color: 'rgba(40, 40, 40, 0.6)'
#  dark-primary-color: 'var(--text-color)'

As of 0.99 the steps for setting the background image in the raw UI editor are no longer necessary. If you change “background-image” to “lovelace-background” in the theme then the UI will automatically apply the background settings to all of your views.

1 Like

Thanks again for the nice theme. Since HA 0.100 I am having issues with the colors. Could you please update the theme for version 0.100?

My paper sliders are now in the primary color (grey) and they used to be blue. Even when I add paper-slider variables myself. Still the colors will be grey. If I comment “primary-color” out, the slider are indeed blue, but also my header. Which used to be grey. I have been playing around with different settings, but nothing seems to help.

Thank you very much in advance for your time.

1 Like

Sure, I will update home assistant in the next days at home and will fix the theme then.

1 Like

Thanks! Sounds very good! :+1:

Hey! Any news already?

The updated version of the theme for HA 0.101 is now available in the first post.

The bad news

The button design with a blue background and white knob when checked is not possible anymore. Maybe they will change this in the future. I will update the theme as soon as the white knob is possible again.

Also the white knob when disabled is a bit harder to see, because they decreased the shadow of the knob. I tried a very light grey color, but that didn’t look good.

The good news

You don’t need to set the background image on every page now. One option in the theme is enough.

I updated the theme to disable the card shadows again after the old option was broken.

I added styles for the lovelace slider (input_number).

Thanks a lot! I missed the update in the first post. Strange about the colors. Hopefully a next update will fix this issue.

Strange thing is, it must be something with your coding as a few others are working for me.

I’ll have a look if I can figure it out the coming days.

Thanks again!

Can u send me a link to a theme with a white knob and a colored switch background?

I really doubt anyone exists that works with the current version of the frontend.
Otherwise, this issue would not be needed :slight_smile:
https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant-polymer/issues/4200

I created the issue yesterday :slight_smile: and wow you already proposed a fix :+1:

1 Like

Ok, my mistake, the other themes didn’t had another color for the slider and the knob itself. But at least the knob still had some color.

I have been playing around tonight with your theme, if I comment out the following section:

# Header
  #primary-color: '#636B75'   

Then the theme does reload with colors on the switches, but (logically) my header has the same color as the switches, which used to be different.

The result I get when I comment out as above is this:

I guess this is already better then the grey switches. But I loved my grey header…
But there seems to be a solution on github already! :+1:

The theme can now be installed with HACS (including the background image). Just look for “Clear Theme” in HACS.

1 Like

Hi Arne,
I’m new to the community store. Tried to find your theme in HACS but theres no target, when I type in “Clear Theme”. Would you may help.
Thx a lot.

Done, I needed to enable themes in HACS.

Thx anyway.