Client exceeded max pending messages

Same on 109.0. Removed the appdaemon app mentioned above. After 10hrs same problem with another appdaemon app (that has worked well for years).

Note: In websocket client I see 3 clients, one is the pc client, one is appdaemon, but the third? Is google assistant integration or telegram or something else?

Also in 109.1… Removed another appdaemon app… Detailed log messages in other specific post: Probably an issue with appdaemon

Hello all, i was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction. I’ve been dealing with this since the latest upgrade to 2022.8.2 . it is slowing my HomeAssistant drastically despite having low utilisation it has appeared 130000 . I’ve tried uninstalling add ons and integrations it it is still there.
I been researching but no one seems to have a lasting solution I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this.

Logger: homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection
Source: components/websocket_api/
Integration: Home Assistant WebSocket API (documentation, issues)
First occurred: 10:16:57 AM (130341 occurrences)
Last logged: 7:11:04 PM

  • [139939484222992] Client exceeded max pending messages [2]: 2048
  • [139939391618064] Client exceeded max pending messages [2]: 2048

Seeing this too starting yesterday. Did some UI modifications like start using “flex-table-card”.

Client unable to keep up with pending messages. Stayed over 512 for 5 seconds
First occurred: 00:52:50 (9061 occurrences)
Client exceeded max pending messages [2]: 2048
First occurred: 07:29:00 (7484 occurrences) 

Floods HA log pretty quick.

Got the same error “Client exceeded max pending messages [2]: 2048” which brings HA to standstill then reboots on its own after awhile.

In my case, it was due to Netgear integration. I noticed 29k entities (mostly sensor) which gets updated periodically. Most of these entities I do not need anyway. Just needed a couple for device tracking as well as exposed Netgear switches to disable network access on the devices which I use for automation (disconnect kids’ devices to force them to sleep at certain time of the night). Forced the rest of the unnecessary entities/devices to be disabled.

No longer getting the error.


I got the same problem and don’t know how to troubleshoot it.
I tried to log the consumption of memory and cpu for all the addons and they don’t consume a lot.
so i don’t what to do more

hope someone could help me

Experiencing the same behavior since end of january, I offer 4554042 occurrences :exploding_head:
Appeared at the same week like the following “high-volume” error with 32168 occurrences:

Client unable to keep up with pending messages. Stayed over 512 for 5 seconds. The system's load is too high or an integration is misbehaving

But I can’t see a high system load…

Seems to be already discussed here, but with no clear results…

Running HA 2022.11.1. (Next update 2023.3.1).

I have been having the same error occasionally

The problem for me seemed to be the animation on the weather card. On my client computer I was using around 40% cpu when that card was visible on the dashboard. I deleted the weather card and cpu dropped to 5%. FYI that’s on Linux mint with an i5-6500t.