Climate Group custom component for multiple radiator thermostats

Just check after reboot. It should work fine. I am not sure if new custom components are found during a config check.

I rebooted (hassio and the phisical machine).

Same error on config check.

Is the climate_group folder present in the custom_components folder? Did you also install the actual component in HACS (after adding the repo?), i.e. is it listed under the ā€œoverviewā€ tab of HACS?

Sorry for the delay. I rebuilt my Hassio so I needed some time.

Well, yes: components are in climate_grouo folder as you may see from here:

Component is installed:

hereā€™s the settings forr climate sensor:

climate:
  - platform: climate_group
    name: 'Riscaldamento Zona Giorno'
    entities:
    - climate.002018a99d23c2
    - climate.002018a99d17fb
    - climate.002018a99d1262

name: 'Riscaldamento Zona Notte'
    entities:
    - climate.002018a99ec24d
    - climate.002018a99d1c41

name: 'Riscaldamento Bagni'
    entities:
    - climate.002018a99ebe4e
    - climate.002018a99d2442

but I still see error.

You are on version 0.0.1 this is for HA < 0.96. You should go to the HACS and upgrade climate group to 0.1.0.

Maybe HACS cannot handle that I tagged 0.0.1 after I tagged 0.1.0ā€¦

1 Like

Wow, that was easy! I didnā€™t noticed that 2 versions were available. Thank you for you support.

Hi,

this is working fine, however the mode selectors are not working. If I create a single standard thermostat they are working (Homematic thermostats).

And I have a question: The actual temperature you display in the group - is that the highest, lowest or an average of all group members?

Kind regards,
Thomas

Preset modes are not implemented yet. There is an initial version coming: https://github.com/daenny/climate_group/pull/7

On which HA version are you and which version of the climate_group are you running?

The reported temperature is the average temperature.

Okay, can live a while without them. Just wanted to check if thats normal.

HA 0.99.0 and climate group 0.1.0

Average is quite good for my situation here :slight_smile:

Canā€™t force it to work. Still ā€œNo card type configuredā€. HA 0.99.3 climate group 0.1.2
Tried manually, tried thru HACS and nothing. No ā€œpycacheā€ folder after restart, and even when I add it manually and restart, folder is empty.

What do you mean with ā€œno card type configuredā€? This is an integration of a climate component. So you need to add it to your configuration.yaml.
Afterwards it behaves a any other climate component, so you should be able to use the lovelace thermostat card for instance.
I am on 0.99.3 with no problem

My mistake, sorry :flushed:

Hi @daenny. Awesome component! Exactly what I needed for my smart TRVs setup. Any idea on when the presets will be working tho? Thatā€™s the only missing piece to having a full solution. Thanks!

Iā€™m using 0.1.2 of this component, but the current temperatures shown donā€™t appear to make any sense. Iā€™m currently seeing 172 degrees in my home

Below is the current state of both thermostats and the climate_group

Hi, on the GitHub page you can read this : " * only supports Celsius" :eyes:

@Daenny : Thanks for your work ! It works fine for me.

Sorry I missed that.

Thatā€™s unfortunate :pleading_face:

Hello,

Just want to thank @daenny for this great component! Works like a charm!

1 Like

Just what I was looking for, thank you so much :slight_smile:

1 Like

Itā€™s not that difficult to support Farenheit, I guess. Sadly I have not too much time to work on this. Feel free to look at this.

Installed this via HACS (0.3.2) on 108.8. But cant get it to work. What am I missing? Screenshot of group and one of the thermostats: