Climate_IP - ClimateDevice for IP based units (not only Samsung AC)

I have MIM-H04EN ,

does it works?
With this, could I solve my problem? SmartTings missing settings

Hi,

Like most of you here, I’ve struggled to obtain my token from my samsung aircon on port 8888

I’ve just created some instructions that simplifies existing methods (especially given python 2 isn’t easy to install on most recent OS)

I hope this helps you integrating your aircon into homeassistant

Dear All,

Im facing the issue that the certificate ac14k_m.pem provided for Samsung is not working with SSL v3…

in homeassistant.log:

home-assistant.log:2024-07-10 18:24:14.348 ERROR (SyncWorker_49) [custom_components.climate_ip.climate] Request result exception: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='192.168.42.42', port=8888): Max retries exceeded with url: /devices (Caused by SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: UNSUPPORTED_PROTOCOL] unsupported protocol (_ssl.c:1000)'))

When I test with curl:

curl  -k -H "Content-Type: application/json" -H "Authorization: Bearer hehesecret" --cert /config/custom_components/climate_ip/ac14k_m.pem -X GET https://192.168.42.42:8888/devices | jq | grep -A1 '\"id\": \"032'

curl: (58) could not load PEM client certificate from /config/custom_components/climate_ip/ac14k_m.pem, OpenSSL error error:0A00018E:SSL routines::ca md too weak, (no key found, wrong pass phrase, or wrong file format?)

I’ve tried to fix it specifying DEFAULT@SECLEVEL=0 , but it does not help …

any ideas?

Anyone for my question, please? :wink:

Have you read this?

Try to use 6.1 version.
Version 6.2 has a problem (TLSv1 explicitly needed for TP6X_RAC_16K · Issue #101 · atxbyea/samsungrac · GitHub).

Managed to configure my 4 Samsung ACs, old gen running on port 2878: thank you, they work great!

Out of curiosity (because, you know, sh*t happens!) as the original app for these ACs isn’t working anymore and they are not supported in SmartThings, it would be possible to setup the Wi-Fi on them again, in case someone needs to reset the AC or swap router, change Wi-Fi SSID or password?
Thank you again for your awesome work! :smile: