Climate: platform not found

Hello all,
I’m not sure if I’m in the right section, but I couldn’t decide where to go, so here it is…
I upgraded Hasio from 0.88.1 to 0.90.1. Everything works, but for my climate config.
I use this repository from github: https://github.com/royduin/home-assistant-incomfort
In 0.88.1 it worked like a breeze, but since the update it is broken. This is how I set it up:
I created a folder in config/custom_components: InComfort. In that folder I copied climate.py. In configuration.yaml I added:

# Klimaat controle
climate:
  - platform: incomfort
    name: Woonkamer
    host: 192.168.0.3

But when I check my configuration I get the error: Platform not found: climate.incomfort. In the loggin I first see that same error, and later on it says:

Mon Mar 25 2019 21:07:59 GMT+0100 (West-Europa (standaardtijd))

Error loading custom_components.incomfort.climate. Make sure all dependencies are installed

`Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/loader.py", line 166, in _load_file module = importlib.import_module(path) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 127, in import_module return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level) File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1006, in _gcd_import File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 983, in _find_and_load File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 967, in _find_and_load_unlocked File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 677, in _load_unlocked File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 728, in exec_module File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 219, in _call_with_frames_removed File "/config/custom_components/incomfort/climate.py", line 6, in <module> from homeassistant.components.climate import ( ImportError: cannot import name 'STATE_HEAT' from 'homeassistant.components.climate' (/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/__init__.py)`

I searched Github and the Forum, but no luck…
Can anybody point me in the right direction? Help is much appreciated!

I assume you have already read the Release Notes for 0.89 & 0.90, especially the “Breaking Changes” sections.

There were some custom components breaking changes as part of the reorganization. Other than that, I do not have a clue.

post a screen shot of your folder tree that contains the custom climate.py file.

Yes, I saw that one. But as far as my knowledge goes (I admit: that’s not too far - my programming skills are mostly copy and past) the changes do not hav any impact on my configuration.

post a screen shot of your folder tree that contains the custom climate.py file.

This is how it looks. No init.py for climate….

Thanks for looking in to it!

I assume you restarted HA after you put the climate.py file in? If so then I’ve got nothing else. It looks OK to me.

unless there is something screwed up in the climate.py file itself?

I think they are requiring an __init__.py file now. Many custom component creators have changed to the new format.

that’s not true.

I still have several custom components that are working and don’t have the init file in the folder.

Solved!
I’ve got word from the developer:

Hi @Ruudtb205, what you’re doing should work. Please double check and make sure you’ve got the latest version of the climate.py file

Copied the latest .py, and it worked like a charm.
Thank you all for helping me out, really appreciated!

Hey…

I’ve got the same problem.
I have downloaded everything from

installed as posted.

I get this message :
Platform error climate.InComfort - cannot import name ‘STATE_HEAT’ from ‘homeassistant.components.climate.const’ (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/climate/const.py)

Mijn home assistant kent de dir die genoemd is niet. /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components. HA is geinstalleerd onder Docker waarbij de configuration.yaml in /container/homeassistant/ staat…

als ik verder kijk, dan staat eea wel in /usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components

weet je al iets meer , ik had alles werkend maar in een keer dezelfde melding als jouw .

@rotjong, @mike.blazer78
My setup still works lik a charm. In Configuration.yaml I only have this:

incomfort:
  host: 192.168.1.117

Under the config folder (the folder that contains the configuration.yaml) I have a folder called custom_components, in this folder I have the folder InComfort which contains the following files:
Check if you guys have the same files. If not, import them from Github. Should work!

Everything works…

incomfort:
host : 192…
username : admin
password: (password)