Cloud-free privacy oriented indoor camera

Can anyone recommend a good 1080p indoor camera (like the Imou Cue 2) with RTSP and optionally ONVIF or web service support that does not need a cloud service to work? The Imou Cue 2 which has both from what I’ve read, requires that you download their app on your device, join their cloud service and pair/activate the device which communicate back to their servers to operate. This trend is similar to to a lot of other cameras.

I currently have the Amcrest AD110 doorbell and some Amcrest outdoor security cameras that work very well without cloud. They are on my IoT VLAN that have no access to internet. Both contain an offshoot of Dahua firmwares, therefore are easy to activate and work without downloading the Amcrest apps. They are (somewhat) ONVIF compliant and allow access to video stream via RTSP and the AD110 has a pretty neat simple webservice that allows you get events of it fairly easily.

just get indoor amcrest cam or use outdoor came indoor

Im looking for something compact and a bit aesthetically pleasing.The Amcrest outdoor cameras that I have (P5M-T1179EW-28MM) are not… pleasant to look at :rofl:. Also, its PoE and not wifi.

Reolink E1 !?

1 Like

When I was looking for outdoor security cameras, ReoLink was on my list but I read they needed internet access or connectivity with the reolink app that would reside on your phone/tablet in which case it wouldnt need internet as the app itself would connect to their servers. Didnt think to look at ReoLink for an indoor solution. Do you know if it will require internet access to work? As I mentioned it will go on my IoT VLAN and should not be able to access anything beyond my RTSP recording server.

I’m using a Reolink 520A.
It integrates locally with my NVR (Synology) and HA (via a custom component) for person detection events.
Also the Reolink App works locally. You can configure remote access optionally.

Haven’t tested the E1 though…

Thanks @FPro. I’ll put the E1 on my list as I do some more research. If it can work without the Reolink App, it would be golden.

2 Likes

[quote=“iointerrupt, post:3, topic:387403”]
The Amcrest outdoor cameras that I have are not… pleasant to look at :rofl:. Also, its PoE and not wifi.

[/quote]Maybe this

@tmjpugh I have already looked into that but from what I’ve read, it will not allow RTSP via wifi but by ethernet only. I cannot confirm this myself but amazon reviews and forums on other websites have stated that the firmware blocks RTSP when using it via wifi. If someone can confirm this it would be great.

per manual

Adding to Blue Iris
Amcrest Smart Home devices, such as the ASH21, can connect and record to Blue Iris. This is possible by
obtaining the IP address of the camera and entering the applicable RTSP information into the software.

i get this camera today. I can at least verify with this one

1 Like

Awesome. Really appreciate this. I need RTSP access over wifi because the camera will be moved around the floor. Otherwise this would have been great

ASH products do not have web interface. Can confirmed what other have already confirmed. so the ASH22 I got is going back immediately bacause hard pass on using their app.

I also got a IP4M-1041W indoor cam.
This has web UI and works like all other amcrest cams.

A lot of Amcrests older consumer ip cams were offshoot of dahua camera firmwares, and supported modifications/tweaks via their http api. I was bold enough to fiddle with a lot of setting and get my doorbell and other ip cams tightly working with my home automation solution. Their newer consumer products have a tighter lock-in with their own apps and cloud services.

I settled on ip2m-841w. Its appears a little bulkier than I’d like but we’ll see how it goes.