Community Hass.io Add-on: Google Assistant Webserver (broadcast messages without interrupting music)

linking to specific post about this issue

1 Like

Hello, I tried this addon. It worked at the beginning for the first 2 days, then for some reason it stopped working. If I send a broadcast I get the ā€œokā€ status back like bevore, but no speaker is recieving the broadcast. Why?
The original post is from 2017. Is there a summary guide somewhere? Maybe Iā€™ve done something wrong in the installation.
If I understand correctly, this addon is a kind of fork of the Google Assistant SDK plugin, right?
I didnā€™t quite understand how the two plugins work together. Do I need to run both or just the web server.
Or is there a new and more user-friendly alternative to the addon? And due to the OAuth change, something future-proof where I donā€™t have to configure any Google Cloud projects and services?

One of the most important questions I have: how can I remove the speaker from my Google Home app? I have 3 of these things there now, but I donā€™t know how to remove them. Since nothing works anymore anyway, I deleted the project, but the speakers are still there. Every time I follow the instructions in the web interface under port 9324 and link my account, I get a new instance of this device. There is a link where you can manage the Google account links, but the project I signed up for as a tester does not appear there either. Apart from that I deleted the project 2 days ago, why does the speaker still exist then?

Thanks.

Edit, I have reinstalled the Add-On and followed the documentation. It seems to be successfull, but no broadcast will be played by my Google Nest Devices.
And since Iā€™ve tested around with the account linking procedure, I have now 5 virtual speakers in my Google Home App, but just 1 should exist. I can not remove the other speaker.

Interestingly I donā€™t have a fake speaker in my Google home app. Not sure why there is a difference, other than I use Google Assistant Webserver in a Docker container

At this point there doesnā€™t seem to be a replacement for any of these integrations that doesnā€™t use OAuth and Google cloud.

Iā€™m also trying to set this up, and getting as far as the container starting and it picks up the client.json.
But when I try to load the URL http://mylocaladdress:9324 the following gets generated in the container log and my browser gets a http 500

Has anyone got this working at the moment and can offer any advice?

AttributeError: module 'six.moves.urllib_parse' has no attribute 'unquote_to_bytes'
[04/Oct/2022:08:14:45] ENGINE AttributeError("module 'six.moves.urllib_parse' has no attribute 'unquote_to_bytes'",)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/cheroot/server.py", line 1273, in communicate
    req.parse_request()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/cheroot/server.py", line 702, in parse_request
    success = self.read_request_line()
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/cheroot/server.py", line 918, in read_request_line
    for x in QUOTED_SLASH_REGEX.split(path)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.5/dist-packages/cheroot/server.py", line 918, in <listcomp>
    for x in QUOTED_SLASH_REGEX.split(path)
AttributeError: module 'six.moves.urllib_parse' has no attribute 'unquote_to_bytes'

UPDATE:
I resolved the above by performing the following updates from the container console:

pip install --force-reinstall CherryPy==18.1.0
pip install --force-reinstall cheroot==6.5.4

And now I can load the URL, but getting an Access Denied from google Authentication: Invalid request
:frowning:

Looks like this will be integrated into Home Assistant 2023.1 Google Assistant SDK - Home Assistant

3 Likes