Complete noob question :-(

Hi.
New to ha but have managed to install on raspbian in a virtualenv. as per the guide.
Also managed to install and recognise a Aeotec Z-Stick Gen5 USB Controller.
My problem is with a couple of Danfoss Thermostats (014G0013). I can see them in home assistant and can, for example, change the polling interval, so there should be communication going.
I cannot however see anywhere I can alter the selected temperature for them?!?
In need of some simple noob help here please :wink:

In the UI, click on the <> button to see all the entities.
For each zwave device, there shoud be one zwave.* entity and, depending on the type of device, one or more type-specific entities.
In case of the Danfoss Thermostats, you should also see a climate.* entity for each thermostat, e.g.:

and

The climate entities are what allows you to control the thermostat setting.
I have grouped all thermostats in a separate card for easy access:

Clicking on one opens a new dialog which lets you control the temperature.

Hope that helps,
Sebastian

Excellent! Working now. Thanks.
Is it possible to group the two entities so I can control them both at the same time by setting a ‘room’ temperature?

Not trivially, but you can set up an input_number control to set the temperature value and then have an automation that triggers on state changes of that control and sets the temperature accordingly for a list of thermostats.

Sebastian

You should be able to send climate service calls to groups per this thread: Climate group and automation action

Also, the Climate component page will prove useful in understanding the available service calls!

1 Like

Nice! Many thanks both for your help.
Great to have a helpful/skilled community for a project :slight_smile: