Component error: resources - Integration 'resources' not found

Have the following error: Could not find the problem.
I’m using Hass.io. Latest version.

Error: Component error: resources - Integration ‘resources’ not found.
In configuration.yaml the following:
resources: !include configuration/resources.yaml

Then created an folder: configuration and there is the file: resources.yaml
In the file the following rules:

• url: /community_plugin/lovelace-postnl-card/postnl-card.js
    type: module

Above can be found in the folder “www” where also the configuration.yaml

Why it’s not working? Someone who knows?

1 Like

You’re not supposed to add resources: to configuration.yaml, you have to edit the Lovelace config. In your Home Assistant home page, click the menu at the top right, click Configure UI, click the menu again, then click Raw config editor. Finally, add the resources: line there with the card info.

4 Likes

Thanks @Tediore that did the trick. Couldn’t find the information about resources about the new lay-out with the new lovelace page.
Now it works.

Hi,
I am just starting with lovelace manual and read you comment here about addit it to this file but I am unsure as to where to add it. My file is 350 lines long so and I think all of it has been auto generated.
Is it added in column zero?
Please excuse my ignorance but trying to learn.

I was reading in here https://www.home-assistant.io/lovelace/yaml-mode/ where it talks about customizing and using yaml mode but I am not confident enough to take full control.

Have I got the wrong slant on this?
I am a bit confused.
Thank you
Ron

Go to: Configuration > Lovelace Dashboard > Ressources
Here you can add the resources!

Alex

9 Likes

Hi,
I’ve also started using HA more and more. Adding more things but also getting more confused.
I’ve added a theme via HACS and added resources in my configuration.yaml and it works…
but know i get an error that my configuration file is incorrect about the resources. but first it worked when i checked my configuration file.
The other thing is that i can’t save automations. That’s not completely correct, i can save them and they show up in my automations.yaml file but they don’t show up in the gui.
And to top it off, when i try to remove the lines from my automations.yaml, that doesn’t work. and i end up restarting the ssh because i can’t quit nano editor.

So the resources go in the ui_lovelace file when you edit the dashboard and just put them at the top?

Has anybody else had these issues? if so, any idea how to fix them? :slight_smile:
Thanks!!
Henk

You’re formatting is incorrect in your automation file. Run the config check and fix the errors. Don’t use nano. You’ll spend 90% of the time fighting nano and it’s limitations over actually modifying your information. Setup samba, use the vscode addon, or scp to access the files with a text editor.

1 Like

Oke. thanks!
Finally deleted some stuff from the automations.yaml file and voila, i can add new ones.
Somehow that light sensor automation broke things.