Component to send commands to Google Assistant

I know it probably doesn’t help you and yes the repo has been abandoned a long time ago, but it still works for me and I re-authorised mine a few days ago after I made some changes to my setup and it lost its authorisation.

Doesn’t work’ for me either.
It worked when i set it up, but some weeks later, it stopped working. I’m not planning to remove reinstall, remove , reinstall it all the time.
Nabu Casa van let send commands from Google to ha. I hope they add a way to send commands from ha to Google assistant.

In my experience of using it for a long time is that occasionally it looses its authorisation, normally followed by me having changes something, but you don’t have to remove and reinstall, simply delete the user, add the user back and log in again, it takes about 20 secs.

I must say mine requires this every few months maybe, so for the time being it’s still a super useful addition to my home automations.

Assistant relay is not working anymore since google has made changes in the authorization process. Assistant relay was the only way to be able to send command to google home for devices only compatible with google assistant (ifttt not supported or no integration for the device in HA). PEr example I am using a water shut-off valve from BAZZ smart home and othe than through google I cant trigger the valve with an automation.

Im usingthis addon and it’s still working. no idea if setting it up fresh works too.

I finally manage to get around my issue. I was able to set up the BAZZ shut-off valve with the Tuya smart home app instead of the Bazz smart home app therefore I was able to use the Tuya integration so my automations can now trigger my valve on and off.

This topic is not very active, but I see that my old repository with the Hassio add-on of Assistant Relay is still being starred and forked regularly. So I think it is useful to post this for the people who missed it.

Broadcasting and sending commands to Google Assistant now works natively with Home Assistant using Google Assistant SDK - Home Assistant

4 Likes