Conbee II - Can't find lamps, what am I missing?

I’m trying to setup the deconz and phoscon with the conbee II, but I’m having some problems. I have tried all the troubleshooting I have found so far, but I’m not able to get a proper result, so I’m hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I’m running Home Assistant on a proxmox setup - and have set it up to enable USB passthrough.

For a couple of years I have been running some ikea floalt panels and some hue lamps on my philips hue gateway, and now I want to move over to run towards the ConBee II - I’m hoping to be able to first move the IKEA lamps, and then later the philips hue lamps. I do however find it very hard to get it to connect to the lamps (with a single exception).

I have upgraded the Conbee, and it’s now running firmware 26720700 as can be seen in Phoscon - the conbee is connected via a 1-2 meter USB cable. As I can see the firmware version, I must assume that HA does indeed see the USB stick.

I have then reset all the IKEA lamps, (by power toggling), and connected them first to my old IKEA gateway, and updated the lamps to newest firmware, and then reset them again (to make sure they are ready to connect to conbee)

When searching, I have the conbee placed directly on the lamp, but it just can’t wont my lamps. To ensure that I’m not just having radio interferance from my wifi, I have turned off my wifi to see if it made any difference - it did not.

The really strange thing, is that during my endless searching attempts, at one time it did find one single lamp - a FLOALT panel 30x90. The strange part is that this particular panel is the IKEA panel that’s located furthest away from the conbee (about 5 meters, but with two walls between), while there are 4 other FLOALT lamps that are much closer.
If I try to have them join the IKEA gateway again, it’s no problem - so I guess it’s not the lamps that have all gone faulty.

Am I missing something totally obvious here?

Not sure if this will help you but here are the notes I made for myself on how to add IKEA lamps to HA (I also use Proxmox and Conbee II).

The key is that the reset lamp first needs to be paired with an Ikea controller or dimmer and then added to HA.

1. First pair the remote with the lamp:
	* Turn on the lamp,
	* Hold the remote close (30cm)
	* hold the reset button on the remote until the lamp stops flashing. (No hurry, let it complete.)
2. Dim the lamp to minimum (this makes it easier to make sure the lamp is successfully reset in the next step)
3. Turn the lamp on/off 6 times - QUITE QUICKLY - leave it on the 6th time.
	* Lamp will blink and then go to maximum brightness.
4. The lamp is now reset to default (fast)
5. Leave the lamp on.
6. In deconz make sure timing is 3mins
7. Then go to Lights>Add new light
8. Light should be added within approx 30 seconds,
	1. if light doesn't show up in Phoscon then turn the lamp off and then on with the manual switch
	2. Phoscon should now find your lamp within seconds.

As I said - these work for me. Good luck.

1 Like

I had to powercycle IKEA bulbs 6 or 7 times within a short period to be able to pair with the same setup.

Hi

I am having the same setup and firmware, and the same issue can’t find anything.
Have you found a solution?

Unfortunaly not.

This is among the most important components that I need, if HA is to make make any sense to me. Currently I have just placed the entire project on hold - it seems to be very hard to find help or updated guides.

Anyways, if you do figure out what we’re doing wrong, it would be appreciated if you post it here :slight_smile:

I’m currently trying to get help in this thread.