Conbee II compatibility with Sonoff SNZB-01

Howdy All,

Hoping someone can clear something up for me. Is the dresden elektronik Conbee II ZHA controller compatible with the Sonoff SNZB-01 buttons? I have had the Conbee controller for quite a few years now and it’s always happily paired with anything I throw at it. Recently picked up a couple of the SNZB-01 buttons and no matter what I try I can’t get them to pair. I see in the documentation these buttons are ‘Zigbee 3.0’ and I have no idea if this controller supports 3.0 and was hoping someone might be able to confirm one way or the other.

Bonus question, if the controller is not compatible, what’s the process like for replacing the controller; do I need to re-pair the dozen or so existing ZHA devices?

1 Like

I have a Sonoff SNZB-01 paired with my Conbee II via ZHA. It’s working quite happily. I’m not sure if it’s ZigBee 3 though.

The ConBee is “just” a Zigbee radio (coordinator), it works with any Zigbee device since Zigbee devices are all backwards compatible.

It’s also very sensitive to RF interference, so you really need to ensure it’s on a USB extension cable, away from USB 3.0 ports, WiFi, and Bluetooth.

ZHA does allow you to migrate between controllers if you want to.

Thanks for the replies guys. Sounds like the controller should work with the buttons. I’ll have to see why it’s refusing to pair.

It’s also very sensitive to RF interference, so you really need to ensure it’s on a USB extension cable, away from USB 3.0 ports, WiFi, and Bluetooth.
Thanks for the tip, I currently have it at the end of 10ft USB cable, there is a BT dongle nearby I can unplug, but I’ve never had issues with pairing any other devices which is why I was wondering if it was compatible.

I’ll see what I can come up with!

Did you figure this out? I ordered on a few weeks ago and I can’t get it to pair with my Sonoff Zigbee USB Controller at all.

I use this combo (2 switches) and they work without any issues.
The battery life on these is also great.

Be aware that you have to use the event triggers from these buttons to make them control something.

I never managed to get it to pair with my Conbee II. I do have another Home Assistnt install at my office which uses a Sonoff wifi hub running Tasmotta where I did get the button to pair. I’ll likely order another of the hubs for home since the Conbee doesn’t seem to want to play nice with these buttons.

I’m going to try a firmware update then give up… thanks for the reply!

Upgrade ConBee firmware, replace battery in the device, then re-pair again and regardless also follow these guidelines-> Guide for Zigbee interference avoidance and network range/coverage optimization

In the end I replaced the ConBee with a Sonoff Zigbee hub and the button paired instantly, so it seems it might be a compatibility issue between the ConBee and the button.