ConBee II & Sonoff SNZB-02

Hello all,

i tried to connect the Sonoff SNZB-02 to my ConBee II. But it won’t work. The Sensor is not shown
when i search in Deconz for a new Sensor.
According to https://github.com/dresden-elektronik/phoscon-app-beta/issues/159 it should work with Version 2.05.82.
After updating the ConBee my Version is 2.05.84 /9/14/2020 Firmware 26660700 but the issue still exists.
Would be great if someone could help me to solve the problem.

many thanks
Thomas

Hi,
Did you get anywhere with this? I’m having trouble pairing the sensor

edit: saying that, I can see it paired in the deconz app, but not the phoscon one.

Thanks

Hi, I’ve also just acquired a SNZB-02 and ConBee II that shows in deCONZ UI but not on the Phoson App and ‘half paired’.

Has anyone managed to get this pairing to work?

Thanks

• Dean
1 Like

Mine actually shows in ha now, but not in phoscon. Running a new beta of deconz since yesterday and repaired the sensor in phoscon.

Hi everyone,
I recently purchase a multi-sensor Sonoff SNZB-02 and already had a Conbee 2 device that I have been using only with the Aqara Binary Sensor placed on my entrance door, so I know the Conbee 2 is working well.
However, after I paired the Sonoff sensor with Phoscon, it would actually work during only a few hours and after that, both the temperature and humidity would remain constant even though I know they aren’t.
Going back to Phoscon where te device is listed, and I can read an “unreachable” status. I know the sensor is not out of reach of the conbee, but just a few meters away.
Any idea what’s the problem?
Can it be installed with a different method than the deconz addon?
Thank you

1 Like

Hi, did you solved the problem?
Thanks.

I have 3 SNZB-02 sensors, one has no problem at all and the other two disappear at irregular intervals. The sensors will sometimes stay active for a few months, sometimes only for a few days before loosing contact with deconz/HA. Re-inserting/replacing the battery does not help. I need to perform an “add new sensor” action in deconz for the sensor to become available again - this does not change the sensor so it is still visible in HA under the same name and properties.

I have also had problems with the SNZB-03 motion sensor connected to the Sonoff zigbee bridge where it would detect spurious motion. Itead’s response to this was that I could try to change the battery (mind you, this is a new sensor with a new battery). Wonders do still exist - with a new Varta battery I do not get any false motion readings again.
Since the battery in one of the SNZB-02 sensors is almost empty I think I’ll try a Varta battery in that one too to see if it stays available in HA

Anyone with a positive story on the Sonoff zigbee sensor in combination with the Conbee sick?

If not, I’ll search for a different sensor :sweat_smile:

You need to connect the ConBee2 with a usb extension cable and DO NOT connected to USB 3.0 (blue port). Use any other… :slight_smile:

I received a Conbee ii stick this morning and connected it to the SNZB-02 at the first attempt. This was the process:

1. Plug Conbee into USB extender, in this case on my Raspberry Pi2.
  2. Add DConz via the Home Assistant integrations page deCONZ - Home Assistant
  3. In the modal overlay asking for IP address I put the RPi2 IP and kept port 80
  4. From Integrations in Settings I clicked “Configure” and it set the Conbee up with a dialogue:
    “Success!
    Created configuration for ConBee II.
    We found the following devices:
    Zigbee Coordinator
    deCONZ = dresden elektronik deCONZ protocol: ConBee I/II, RaspBee I/II (ZHA)”
  5. I checked that the Device was listed in config/devices/device/
  6. I pulled the back off the SNZB-02 by gently levering it with four old credit cards, then pulled the battery tag.
  7. Put the SNZB-02 into pairing mode (5 second button hold, three red flashes appear briefly and disappear)
  8. Add sensor via the Home Assistant menu for the Zigbee Coordinator (under ‘Devices’) and select “Add Devices Via This Device”. It will go through a pairing process and appear as one of the ‘Connected Devices’, from which the sensor information can be gleaned.

My first post, hopefully useful to someone else as this wasn’t all obvious to me this morning! The sensor is reporting credible information through the HA interface.

1 Like

Works fine with Conbee II, since the OP is from quite some time ago, it could be due to the integration/firmware/… back then.
SNZB-02 are OK
SNZB-03 are NOK, typical for these sensors are the false positives, I’m steering away from them.

@Rob65: I also got a meaningless response from itead.

@Nick4: Ah yes, the good, the bad and the ugly about HomeAssistant

The good is that there are a lot of updates improving the system and integrations
The bad is that the UI changes so things can be, or have to be, done in a different way
The ugly is that sometimes old functionality is broken

I used to have a lot of issues with the Sonoff SNZB-03 motion sensor on my old system using the Conbee II stick. I would consistently get multiple false motion detects per day even with a motion sensor stored in a closed box inside a cabinet. With my new system using the latest image and a Sonoff ZBDongle-E dongle I have not seen false motion detects yet (4 days).

I have some issues with the SNZB-02 temp/humidity sensor, some of them are disconnected from the old system with the Conbee II stick and some of those refuse to connect to that system again. Even a new battery and re-adding the device does not work (they connect but never give a temperature update).
On the new system with the Sonoff stick, they seem to work okay.

Time will learn … on the old system (and also on Sonoff’s “ZB Bridge P” own bridge), the PIR sensors (Sonoff, Ikea and Aqara) sometimes do not trigger my automation scripts (Ikea is worst, Aqara best) but for now all 3 motion sensors (all SNZB-03) seem to work consistently