Config file on SD card

Used Disinternals Linux Reader and found if under /mnt/data 1/ Supervisor

What files should I keep?

Any json files are necessary?

Also there is a folder for backups; are those the image backups that I made?

thanks

After hours of searching the disk. Found this thread

1 Like

Thank you, life saver! :+1:

I want to thank you for posting the path where the information is. You saved me hours of work. I really appreciate it

Thank GOOOOD you found this. I was literally clicking and going through every folder via DiskInternals Linux Reader and I was trying the folder directory, but every post I came across asking for such was met with the typical petty response of “if you’re using hassio you shouldn’t need access to this” or the famous “you don’t know what your doing” etc. Thank you!!

You can take the SD card, and try to mount it on a Linux system or VM. When I played with it on a test system, I was able to mount /dev/sdc and change to the /supervisor/homeassistant directory. As best I can tell, this maps to the /config directory in hassio.

I tired a Virtual Ubuntu box on Windows 10: Problem was no USB mapping without enhanced mode. In enhanced mode, I couldn’t get into the VM. 2 hours wasted.

I then tried DiskInternals Linux Recover: that looked promising, I could see files! But after falling into that rabbit hole and the hassos-data/supervisor directory being empty, I gave up fiddling with settings to try and restore data. Another 2 hours wasted.

How I finally got in to the config… I got another SD card imaged with Ubuntu, booted it up on the PI, then plugged in a memory card reader with the old SD card and the config was there waiting for me all along. I wish I had done that first time!

…Tx solved

Thanks :+1: That saves me a lot of work recreating everything

Sorry for waking an old topic but Paragon has removed the Windows version from their site. (or at least I couldn’t find the download)

Paragon ExtFS for Windows is still available via TomsGuides;

Hoping to save others some time.

1 Like

this post saved me countless hours of working on HASS. thanks to all. used Diskinternals Linux Reader

Just did this…

In 2022 the location is
/var/log/journal\supervisor\homeassistant

In there you can find configs. There are backups one level up and in the backup folder

I could successfully upload my backups via SAMBA add on and restore. Shockingly easy.

This was perfect for digging into the SD card. Thank you!

it worked. thx a lot, you saved me