Configurable WebRoot

lol. I agree, I literally just finished setting up a subdomain. works great

+1 subdomains aren’t an option for everyone

3 Likes

So this was first suggested in April 2016 LOL.
Please, talented people at HASS, please make this a priority.

3 Likes

Totally agree please add it ! :slight_smile:

Another option that I currently use is to create a SOCKs proxy through ssh. This is however not the best solution since it’s not straightforward to get this to work on mobile devices. At least, it provides better security than letting my HA instance being exposed without proper encryption.

I cant believe this is not supported…

Please add it ! :frowning:

Stopped using home-assistant because if this.

It’s not just about that feature but the whole “dealing with the community” stuff that is missing. When people ask for basic features of modern web applications they are told to use workarounds that won’t work for everybody or sent to a forum to be ignored for years.

2 Likes

+1, I would love to see this as well

+1. please add this.

still no web root…

I guess that’s the downside of closed-source projects. You have to depend on project owners to implement feature requests. I guess we’ll have to wait and keep complaining.

I though this is an open source project. Did I miss something?

I was just being sarcastic. :slight_smile:

Some people are getting pretty demanding for this feature, as if devs were required to implement it. Even if they were, it’d still be up to them to prioritize it; they don’t have unlimited time. If users disagree, they can always choose to contribute to the project, or even fork it altogether. It’s the nature of open source :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve been searching the web for instructions on how to serve up some of my own pages. I have a page that shows some graphs, I have a home-made page that lets me toggle warnings for mqttwarn, etc.

Am I to understand from this thread, that it is not possible to host my own pages on the same machine that runs Home Assistant? (I’ve installed it using the HassOS/Hass.io image)

Does Home Assistant run on Nginx?
I don’t mind running Apache on a different port or whatever.

So … still no relative path support with no official response ? Just a closed github issue …
Having support for so many devices but lack of core support shows how mature this project is.

Any news ?
We want webroot !!!

I also would like this feature
Sub-sub-domains are just not that user-friendly, and quite impossible when using an IP address

1 Like

+1 for this one.

+1 from me. Reasons this should be a higher priority for devs: Home assistant by it’s very nature is going to be hosted on a home internet connection. Home internet connections are dynamic IP’s. Dynamic IP’s are usually used with dynamic dns providers. Most free dynamic DNS providers (I use noip) don’t allow subdomains. Therefore we have to use a customizable webroot eg /homeassistant with our SSL termination reverse proxy (usually Apache or Nginx)

1 Like