Configure Tuya siren without Tuya bridge

The Tuya siren is partially compatible with a Zigbee stick in HA directly instead of using a Tuya bridge the the Tuya app. I am not using the bridge but rather a SonOff Zigbee stick in the HA host. I get one switch to trigger the ‘siren’.

However, this ‘siren’ also has a temperature and humidity sensor and in the app I should be able to change the music that plays. Since I’m not using the app, I don’t have this option directly. Does anyone know of an option to do this inside HA, maybe choosing a sound in a template?

Does anyone know a compatible siren/buzzer to use for my intercom doorbell maybe and/or as an alarm?

In ZHA you have to send commands via the “manage clusters” dialog or equivalent service calls.

I have a ZHA version of my script for the “no sensors” version of the device posted here, but I doubt it will work for the “with sensors” version.

The two versions are more different than you would expect. I also think something broke in ZHA with regard to the “with sensors” version since I was testing it. I could swear ZHA had the temp and humidity available when I first tested, now it doesn’t.

It was this device that led me to test z2m (and ultimately switch).

More than perfect! Super curious how you found this out :smiley:

Working with the ZHA devs to get the “no sensors” version supported.

Nice @jerrm Thanks for helping out in this small but helpful process! :slight_smile:

If you can run primarily off mains, the “no sensors” version gives the better experience.

Think of the “no sensors” version as a mains only device. It has a battery, but it’s really only good for short term backup. It functions as a router whether on mains or battery only. On battery only it will drain the battery within a couple of days. The device is always awake and responds immediately.

Think of the “with sensors” version like any other battery endpoint. It is “sleepy” and NEVER routes, even if connected to mains. It can take several seconds to respond to commands. Battery only life seems pretty good. Based on mine so far, I would expect well over a year.

I’ve got one of these, but try as I might I simply cannot get it to make a noise, no matter what I try.
I added it and it seemed to pair ok, but looking at the controls I get a switch, but it seems to not do anything.
Below is a screen shot of the device in HA paired using a Sonoff P dongle into the latest version of HA. Other Zigbee devices seem perfectly fine.
Thanks,

For those that use Node Red and ZHA with this siren, I made a subflow with a basic UI for the siren.

[{"id":"0c1810def209b6a6","type":"subflow","name":"Tuya Zigbee Siren","info":"**IEEE:** Is used to identify the siren to use. It can be found in the **Zigbee Info** for the device.\r\nExample: **a1:b2:34:5c:5d:67:ef:gh**\r\n\r\n**Sound:** Chooses the sound to play.\r\n\r\n**Duration:** Defines how long the siren will sound for in seconds.\r\n\r\n**Activate Siren:** Choses whether to fire the siren or not, it can also be used to stop an active siren. If you change other settings but choose to not fire the siren, those settings will still be applied for the next event unless they are again changed.\r\n\r\n\r\n# Table of Sounds\r\n - ## ID Sound\r\n - 0\tDoorbell Chime\r\n - 1\tFur Elise\r\n - 2\tWestminster Chimes\r\n - 3\tFast double door bell\r\n - 4\tWilliam Tell Overture\r\n - 5\tTurkish March\r\n - 6\tSafe/Security Alarm\r\n - 7\tChemical Spill Alert\r\n - 8\tPiercing Alarm Clock\r\n - 9\tSmoke Alarm\r\n - 10\tDog Barking\r\n - 11\tPolice Siren\r\n - 12\tDoorbell Chime (reverb)\r\n - 13\tMechanical Telephone\r\n - 14\tFire/Ambulance\r\n - 15\t3/1 Elevator\r\n - 16\tBuzzing Alarm Clock\r\n - 17\tSchool Bell\r\n\r\n","category":"","in":[{"x":80,"y":160,"wires":[{"id":"afe31aab2b1daaab"}]}],"out":[{"x":1290,"y":160,"wires":[{"id":"920a10178ba2a0b4","port":0}]}],"env":[{"name":"siren_ieee","type":"str","value":"xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx","ui":{"icon":"font-awesome/fa-bullhorn","label":{"en-US":"Zigbee IEEE*"},"type":"input","opts":{"types":["str"]}}},{"name":"siren_sound","type":"str","value":"0","ui":{"icon":"font-awesome/fa-file-sound-o","label":{"en-US":"Sound (0-18)"},"type":"select","opts":{"opts":[{"l":{"en-US":"Doorbell Chime"},"v":"0"},{"l":{"en-US":"Fur Elise"},"v":"1"},{"l":{"en-US":"Westminster Chimes"},"v":"2"},{"l":{"en-US":"Fast double door bell"},"v":"3"},{"l":{"en-US":"William Tell Overture"},"v":"4"},{"l":{"en-US":"Turkish March"},"v":"5"},{"l":{"en-US":"Safe/Security Alarm"},"v":"6"},{"l":{"en-US":"Chemical Spill Alert"},"v":"7"},{"l":{"en-US":"Piercing Alarm Clock"},"v":"8"},{"l":{"en-US":"Smoke Alarm"},"v":"9"},{"l":{"en-US":"Dog Barking"},"v":"10"},{"l":{"en-US":"Police Siren"},"v":"11"},{"l":{"en-US":"Doorbell Chime (reverb)"},"v":"12"},{"l":{"en-US":"Mechanical Telephone"},"v":"13"},{"l":{"en-US":"Fire/Ambulance"},"v":"14"},{"l":{"en-US":"3/1 Elevator"},"v":"15"},{"l":{"en-US":"Buzzing Alarm Clock"},"v":"16"},{"l":{"en-US":"School Bell"},"v":"17"}]}}},{"name":"siren_duration","type":"num","value":"30","ui":{"icon":"font-awesome/fa-clock-o","label":{"en-US":"Duration (s)"},"type":"input","opts":{"types":["num"]}}},{"name":"siren_vol","type":"str","value":"0","ui":{"icon":"font-awesome/fa-volume-up","label":{"en-US":"Volume (0-2)"},"type":"select","opts":{"opts":[{"l":{"en-US":"Low"},"v":"0"},{"l":{"en-US":"Medium"},"v":"1"},{"l":{"en-US":"High"},"v":"2"}]}}},{"name":"activate_siren","type":"str","value":"1","ui":{"label":{"en-US":"Activate"},"type":"select","opts":{"opts":[{"l":{"en-US":"On"},"v":"1"},{"l":{"en-US":"Off"},"v":"0"}]}}}],"meta":{},"color":"#FFCC66","inputLabels":["Activate Deactivate or Change settings."],"outputLabels":["Output for debugging or just chaining."],"icon":"font-awesome/fa-bullhorn"},{"id":"e965ea08b86a79a7","type":"api-call-service","z":"0c1810def209b6a6","name":"set sound","server":"","version":5,"debugenabled":false,"domain":"zha","service":"set_zigbee_cluster_attribute","areaId":[],"deviceId":[],"entityId":[],"data":"{\t   \"ieee\": msg.siren_ieee,\t   \"cluster_type\": in,\t   \"endpoint_id\": 1,\t   \"cluster_id\": 6,\t   \"attribute\": 1126,\t   \"value\": msg.siren_sound\t}","dataType":"jsonata","mergeContext":"","mustacheAltTags":false,"outputProperties":[],"queue":"none","x":460,"y":160,"wires":[["00ccd135e76b49f1"]]},{"id":"00ccd135e76b49f1","type":"api-call-service","z":"0c1810def209b6a6","name":"set duration (s)","server":"","version":5,"debugenabled":false,"domain":"zha","service":"set_zigbee_cluster_attribute","areaId":[],"deviceId":[],"entityId":[],"data":"{\t   \"ieee\": msg.siren_ieee,\t   \"cluster_type\": in,\t   \"endpoint_id\": 1,\t   \"cluster_id\": 6,\t   \"attribute\": 615,\t   \"value\": msg.siren_duration\t}","dataType":"jsonata","mergeContext":"","mustacheAltTags":false,"outputProperties":[],"queue":"none","x":640,"y":160,"wires":[["92e8833d9b061a79"]]},{"id":"92e8833d9b061a79","type":"api-call-service","z":"0c1810def209b6a6","name":"set volume (0-2)","server":"","version":5,"debugenabled":false,"domain":"zha","service":"set_zigbee_cluster_attribute","areaId":[],"deviceId":[],"entityId":[],"data":"{\t   \"ieee\": msg.siren_ieee,\t   \"cluster_type\": in,\t   \"endpoint_id\": 1,\t   \"cluster_id\": 6,\t   \"attribute\": 1140,\t   \"value\": msg.siren_vol\t}","dataType":"jsonata","mergeContext":"","mustacheAltTags":false,"outputProperties":[],"queue":"none","x":840,"y":160,"wires":[["920a10178ba2a0b4"]]},{"id":"920a10178ba2a0b4","type":"api-call-service","z":"0c1810def209b6a6","name":"play sound","server":"","version":5,"debugenabled":false,"domain":"zha","service":"set_zigbee_cluster_attribute","areaId":[],"deviceId":[],"entityId":[],"data":"{\t   \"ieee\": msg.siren_ieee,\t   \"cluster_type\": in,\t   \"endpoint_id\": 1,\t   \"cluster_id\": 6,\t   \"attribute\": 0,\t   \"value\": msg.activate_siren\t}","dataType":"jsonata","mergeContext":"","mustacheAltTags":false,"outputProperties":[],"queue":"none","x":1030,"y":160,"wires":[[]]},{"id":"afe31aab2b1daaab","type":"change","z":"0c1810def209b6a6","name":"Convert envvars to msg","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"siren_ieee","pt":"msg","to":"siren_ieee","tot":"env"},{"t":"set","p":"siren_sound","pt":"msg","to":"siren_sound","tot":"env"},{"t":"set","p":"siren_duration","pt":"msg","to":"siren_duration","tot":"env"},{"t":"set","p":"siren_vol","pt":"msg","to":"siren_vol","tot":"env"},{"t":"set","p":"activate_siren","pt":"msg","to":"activate_siren","tot":"env"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":250,"y":160,"wires":[["e965ea08b86a79a7"]]},{"id":"eef0c50484c4a8d3","type":"subflow:0c1810def209b6a6","z":"af859f827433bd7d","name":"","env":[{"name":"siren_ieee","value":"a4:c1:38:7e:3c:84:fa:cc","type":"str"},{"name":"siren_sound","value":"4","type":"str"},{"name":"siren_duration","value":"6","type":"num"},{"name":"siren_vol","value":"1","type":"str"}],"x":310,"y":1580,"wires":[[]]}]

Hi, did you ever get this to work?