Configuring Parameters on a Fibaro FGMS-001 (or other devices)

Hello everyone,
Just came to tell to whom ever comes to this post again, i was able to fix all my problems with the new zwave JS!
I excluded the node and included again with the zwave JS and voila!!! all config parameters there and perfect!!!

Hi Soccs,

Keen to understand how to resolved changing a config parameters (e.g. for a Fibaro dimmer, force dim level). I have z-wave MQTT up and running and still learning ;-). I am able to change a parameter, but only when the light is turned on. The Z-wave device itself is powered but with the light off I am unable to change this parameter. Can you share your solution so that this can be incorporated in an automation (either Node or HA).

Thanks!

that is very odd. you are saying that you are only able to change the parameter only when your device is on? like the lights are on?
that never happen to me.

are you using this UI?

But i have to tell you… i am very disapointed with Z-wave. and so i have started to remove all Z-wave devices. and changing them for WIFI. more reliable.

Thanks Soccs, yes only when the device/lights are on. Let me do some debugging, maybe there is an issue with my Fibaro’s.

I am about the do a big investment on z-wave (esp dimmers) so keen to hear why you went for wifi instead. The fact that I am independent from Wifi being available was the key reason for me to go for Z-wave…but I guess with a stable Wifi network (e.g. on Unifi) I should be fine?