Configuring velux active via homekit controller

So I just installed a couple of new skylight and they came with the velux active bridge. The device has homekit support built in and I was hoping to use the homekit controller built into home assistant. I enabled discovery and zeroconf, but I still do not see the setup under the integrations section. Has anyone gotten this to work? Am I missing a step or does this not work the way I think it does?

I did try enabling logging for homeassistant.components.homekit_controller, but nothing showed up in the logs

Edit: Found that I needed to add an empty homekit_controller-entity-map file to storage and that got it show up in the integrations, but now it cannot find the velux bridge devices.

May want to look at the following…it won’t answer your question, but may give you some ideas to pursue and what alternatives may be available.

In case anyone else gets to this point and still has issues. It was matter of opening a couple of ports on my firewall on the VM running HA. Here is the link to the post I use to get it to work. Everything started working as expected at this point.

1 Like