Connected VAG/PON cars

I have the same problem. Restarting HA will update the location but that’s not really a solution.

Hey,

I’m in the UK and use the “Skoda Connect” app - I’m guessing this might be the same thing as this thread suggests that the “connected” features might be country specific?

I don’t think it is the same, do you have a link?

Regarding the location, I don’t see a device tracker entity at all.
what i do see is this specific error in my logs:

File "/config/custom_components/device_tracker/mind.py", line 29, in update 'street': vehicle.street + ' ' + vehicle.number, TypeError: must be str, not NoneType

All the other sensors work just fine

Yep, this is the front end at least:

No, that is from Skoda. This component is for My Skoda from the dutch importer.

@Bram_Kragten
How did you reverse enginered the PON app?
I know KIA (nl) has a similiar app for connected cars… and I wonder if it is possible to port your work to a Kia version???

You could decompile the Android app and try to find the API calls. If that doesn’t help you can also connect your phone to a proxy like Charles Proxy (Android 4.x or 5.x will usually let you see the SSL traffic once you’ve installed the certificate from the proxy app).
Maybe @Bram_Kragten has some more ideas or can share what he did.

I have an iPhone, so used a proxy (Fiddler) to see the traffic of the app. Make sure to install the SSL certificate of Fiddler on your phone. Once you see the traffic you can check how to send the same data yourself :slight_smile:

1 Like

Will the component still work on 0.89? Because of the change in the directory structure?

Here it’s still working on 89, but what I understand is that currently you get a warning and in the next release it will be deprecated and it should be changed.
@Bram_Kragten can we just rename and move the files our selves or does something have to be changed in the source files as well?

Yes, you can move the files and rename them, I will create an updated version soon.

2 Likes

Sweet! did you figure out why it stopped updating?

I just updated to HA 0.92.0 and I’m trying to get the mind module to work, but I don’t know that much about python. What I’ve tried is create a dir called “mind” copied the binary_sensor, device_tracker and sensor files (and renamed them). I’ve also copied the mind.py to this dir and renamed it to “__ init__.py” (without the space). However I get the following error now: Component mind does not exist

Could anyone point me in the right direction or maybe know how to debug this?

I updated the mind component. Device tracker should work better now.

https://github.com/bramkragten/mind

2 Likes

Thanks, awesome that you’ve updated the component! :slight_smile:

Update: location seems to updated correctly now

Does this work with Audi / Connected Cars ?

1 Like

If you have a Mind module then I believe it should work.

I did notice with the 0.94.0 update that the device_tracker for the Mind module isn’t working anymore. I get the following error:

Log Details (ERROR)

Fri Jun 07 2019 17:36:07 GMT+0300 (Oost-Europese zomertijd)

Unable to prepare setup for platform mind.device_tracker: Platform not found (cannot import name ‘DEFAULT_SCAN_INTERVAL’ from ‘homeassistant.components.device_tracker’ (/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/device_tracker/init.py)).

Unfortunately I haven’t been able to find anything about the DEFAULT_SCAN_INTERVAL.

Updated: https://github.com/bramkragten/mind

1 Like