Connection pool is full, discarding connection: arlo.netgear.com

I keep seeing these messages in the log all the time with 0.58.0

2017-11-26 10:12:31 WARNING (Thread-2175) [urllib3.connectionpool] Connection pool is full, discarding connection: arlo.netgear.com
2017-11-26 10:17:04 WARNING (Thread-2194) [urllib3.connectionpool] Connection pool is full, discarding connection: arlo.netgear.com
2017-11-26 10:18:57 WARNING (Thread-7) [urllib3.connectionpool] Connection pool is full, discarding connection: arlo.netgear.com
2017-11-26 10:28:03 WARNING (Thread-7) [urllib3.connectionpool] Connection pool is full, discarding connection: arlo.netgear.com
2017-11-26 10:29:32 WARNING (Thread-2306) [urllib3.connectionpool] Connection pool is full, discarding connection: arlo.netgear.com
2017-11-26 10:29:32 WARNING (Thread-2307) [urllib3.connectionpool] Connection pool is full, discarding connection: arlo.netgear.com
2017-11-26 10:32:34 WARNING (Thread-2317) [urllib3.connectionpool] Connection pool is full, discarding connection: arlo.netgear.com
2017-11-26 10:32:34 WARNING (Thread-2316) [urllib3.connectionpool] Connection pool is full, discarding connection: arlo.netgear.com
2017-11-26 10:35:40 WARNING (Thread-4) [urllib3.connectionpool] Connection pool is full, discarding connection: arlo.netgear.com

Same here. Any ideas?
Can this variable be tweaked?

I get this issue too, filling my logs.

@tchellomello, did patch 0.0.8 ever get rolled out? I think this is something you mentioned that you were hoping to get fixed elsewhere?

Sorry if I misunderstood, and thanks for a great integration. :slight_smile:

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/issues/10679

Hi all, I downloaded the latest verson of pyarlo using pip3 in my homeassist python profile (can confirm the new versions of pyarlo were installed) but the issue of the connection pool filling still persists. Even after restarting hass it doesn’t come good until I comment out all the arlo components etc. then restart without the arlo support.

Any ideas why this persists? My Arlo base station is on a different subnet and is not directly routable by my home assistant instance - but I am under the impression that the arlo component only talks to the netgear servers and not the basestation directly?

Cheers,
Barry

I am seeing the same issue with my Arlo system and I am running v0.61.1 of Home Assistant which is the latest version as of today. While I have not fully exercised all of Arlo’s functionality in HA, everything I have tried still seems to work so I am not sure if this is a real problem or not. But the warnings make is sound serious.

BTW, my Arlo is on the same subnet as my Pi3 running HA. (I am using hass.io).

I have resolved the issue by increasing the MAX_POOL_CONNECTIONS to 100 in

homeassistant/lib/python3.5/site-packages/botocore/endpoint.py

MAX_POOL_CONNECTIONS = 100

I know it is not the right way to do it but it seems to have solved the issue because the original number of max connections is 10 and way too low,

I was too quick to report a success. The Arlo alarm works immeditely after restarting the homeassistant service. After some time it stops working.

Any progress resolving this issue?

+1 on this issue I’m getting a bunch of:

2018-03-02 16:36:59 WARNING (SyncWorker_16) [urllib3.connectionpool] Connection pool is full, discarding connection: arlo.netgear.com

Same here. Connectiopn pool is full. Iam using hass.io.

I am Also getting Connection pool full, Sometimes cameras are available after a reboot/restart.

is there anything we can do to stop this, I find arlo are very slow to update also.

thanks in advance.

Using hassbian

I am also getting this when ever I add the arlo sensors or alarm panel to my configuration. Also the camera entities disappear when the sensors are put in and come back when I remove the sensors from the configuration. The same happens when I add the arlo alarm panel.

I am still having this issue with hssio 0.80

I am also still having issues in hassio 0.80.1. With the latest update I was getting constant “Timer got out of sync” errors at the rate of 3 per minute. Disabling arlo integration stopped the errors.

Any updates I’m hitting this with 0.97.0b1

I already had the issue the first time ever after a restart with HA 0.98.5:

Connection pool is full, discarding connection: 169.254.169.254
Verbindung getrennt. Verbinde erneut...
````

Stop using this component, install this instead! Works 10 times better! Arlo: replacement pyarlo module

Same here. Any ideas?