Consider to avoid adding library dependencies from frenck

I wished we could do so based on mutual understanding. :+1:

I donā€™t think we should legitimize any decisions solely based on any personā€™s role.

(I also think given how nix community works that would be against our principles)

1 Like

Sorry to hear you donā€™t respect requests from authors who wrote the source you rely on, the author that has put in the effort to create it in the first place.

Always good to know a project doesnā€™t care.

Nevertheless, my requests will remain the same, please remove my packages from the NixOS package index.

Thanks in advance.

ā€¦/Frenck

Indeed, we have no clear policy for this and there are different opinions. So the outcome is still unclear.

I consider most strive for good working relationships with upstream and I am absolutely sure, many would wish you gave us another chance. :smile:

Iā€™m really sorry how this went along.

Please leave us some time for our (slow) distributed decision making processes.

If you agree to provide more background on what motivates you, we all, as humans will have an easier time to connect with your reasons.

Maybe the conclusion will be ā€œremoveā€. Who knows? (And a bit itā€™s also in your hands)

1 Like

Then it shouldnā€™t have been merged and handled like that.

It made me decide to request for complete removal. I suggest you honor that request and sit on your wounds. Iā€™m not an emotional type, but a rational type. My response will remain the same next week; please remove it.

Thanks in advance.

ā€¦/Frenck

(I also think given how nix community works that would be against our principles)

I was promted to rectify: there are also persons who put priority on political concessions. Itā€™s hard to make sense of the nix community. Itā€™s too diverse and you put a real (and interesting) challenge on our (ā€œcuriousā€) decision making processes.

Iā€™m sure you understand with the context Iā€™ve given that there is no ā€œyouā€ that you could reasonably address.

If I can help in any way to further mutual understanding, let me know. For now I think thatā€™s all I can offer, but at least I can offer that.

And it seems like I care :smile:

If I can further that, Iā€™ll be your agentā€¦

(I canā€™t continue this conversation since Iā€™ve reached the maximum number of replies for the first day.)

Thanks. Now, if you could just please remove the packages as requested? Thank you!

ā€¦/Frenck

Closing topic.

Original poster had no intention to contribute anything positively.

Nix closes issues on their repository to force issue here, but itā€™s not our issue. They do things that are unsupported and are running into issues. Thatā€™s why itā€™s unsupported.

We actively reduce the scope of what we support to reduce maintenance burden. Weā€™re not interested in user requirements prevailing at the cost of our maintainers. Our current supported options support all common use cases and weā€™re not going to expand this at this point.

8 Likes