Constant error message for my rf sensors/binary sensors

Hi guys! Any help in seeing where I am going wrong would be great! Basically I’m three/ four weeks into home assistant! Trying to learn yaml, hassio, flashing and well basically everything!

So I have done everything I have read, watched and cant get any sensors from my rf bridge to show up! I keep getting an error message on reboot. Can anyone spot a mistake? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance

You have created a separate file for all binary_sensors. When you do that, the first line of the file should not contain this:

binary_sensor:

Remove it, save the file, run Config Check and it should be validate.

I just noticed how you have configured the binary_sensors. They are all subscribed to the same topic and each one is looking for a specific payload. When the binary_sensor receives a payload that does not match what it wants, Home Assistant will log a warning message indicating “No matching payload”.

I presented two ways of preventing that message in this post:

1 Like

This is amazing thank you, it worked first time! I’m having issues with my mqtt and sensors mqtt, but will see if I can figure it out! Thank you so much for you help!

1 Like

You’re welcome and welcome to the community!

Seeing that you are a new member, let me introduce you to one of our community’s customs. It’s common practice to mark the reply that solved your problem, or led to a solution, with the Solution tag. Only the author of the topic (you’re author of this topic) can select which reply can be marked with the tag.

By marking my reply as being the Solution, it will automatically add a checkmark next to the topic. This signals to other users that this topic has an accepted solution. It will also add a link below your first post that leads to the reply containing the solution. In the case where a topic may have dozens of replies, the link helps the user find the right one. All of this helps other users, who may have the same problem/question, find answers.