Control a sunshade where I can determine how far the sunshade is closed or open?

How can I control a sunshade where I can determine how far the sunshade is closed or open based on ‘open’ or ‘close’ time? Who knows a good integration for this?

I have a sunshade which I can control with an RFLINK for OPEN, STOP or CLOSE. I control the RFLINK via MQTT (so with 3 separate commands). This works wel, but I would like to give a command: open sunshade for 20% or open it for 100%…

My awning has no support to return how much % the screen is open. I used to have this running with this solution: GitHub - nagyrobi/home-assistant-custom-components-cover-rf-time-based: Time-based cover with customizable scripts or entity to trigger opening, stopping and closing. Position is calculated based on the fraction of time spent by the cover traveling up or down. State can be updated with information based on external sensors. But this one doesn’t work anymore.

Thanks for you support!!

This was shared just yesterday:

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/home-assistant-blinds-control-custom-integration/718612

1 Like

Thank you Tom!!! Will check