Control FRITZ!Box guest wifi and trigger internet reconnects

You should check your logs for hints what’s going wrong.

Hello @mammuth, and thank you for this amazing integration.
I just installed the integration following the guide, but I see just 4 entities: Connectivity, Guest Wifi, Wifi, and 5Ghz Wifi.
Why can’t I see the switch to reconnect the FRITZ!Box?
Thank you.

I think the reconnect functionality is only a service and no switch entity.
You can try it in the dev tools and then use lovelace cards to call it or you manually create a helper switch.

Hi @mammuth,

Great integration. Unfortunately it is not working for me:

Logger: custom_components.fritzbox_tools.binary_sensor
Source: custom_components/fritzbox_tools/binary_sensor.py:69 
Integration: FRITZ!Box Tools (documentation) 
First occurred: 6:42:46 (1 occurrences) 
Last logged: 6:42:46

Error getting the state from the FRITZ!Box
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/config/custom_components/fritzbox_tools/binary_sensor.py", line 69, in _async_fetch_update
    status = self.fritzbox_tools.fritzstatus
AttributeError: 'FritzBoxTools' object has no attribute 'fritzstatus'

Do you have any ideas?

Config:

• official docker images on RPi4
  • fritzconnection Package is present in docker

@philwilldo did you use the latest version of the integration when you saw this error? Generally, feel free to post issues on GitHub: https://github.com/mammuth/ha-fritzbox-tools

Ooooh this is so great. Saw it on a mates HA setup, immediately had the „I need that too!“ kind a feeling.

So I installed HACS. Unfortunately „FRITZ!Box Tools“ is not shown as repository on the HACS integration view (nothing found at all by searching for „fritz“).

What is the common way of installing this integration?

Update: so sorry… found it in the Custom Repositories section. As mentioned I‘m completely new to HACS.

Would be great to know how the port forwarding is implemented and if it’s possible to achieve using the base (fritzconnect).

What is the common way of installing this integration?

It is now officially possible to integrate without any custom components btw.

Would be great to know how the port forwarding is implemented

you create a Port Forwarding Rule in the Fritzbox and then you get binary Switches to turn them on/off.
So Basically you are able to open/close a port. Very nice if you do not want to expose something 24/7

Yes I know and use it meanwhile. Unfortunately, HA can only enable/disable port forwardings in the FritzBox which are related to the HA host.

Using Home Assistant to enable/disable a port forwarding for another host is still not possible - which seems to be a FritzBox limitation I think.

At least that´s my experience and current knowledge. Please proof me wrong if you can :smiley:

Correct - it’s an API security limitation of the FritzBox that port forwarding can only be controlled for ports that are directed to the device requesting the control. So HA will only be able to switch ports for the device that is hosting it.

Great tool!
Thank you! I really love the ability to switch off our Kids’ internet if needed :wink:

One question though:
The Guest devices in my guest wifi also have this switch to shutdown internet access.
That does not seem to work and AFAIK the FritzBox does not provide the feature to disable the internet for single guest devices.

Or am I missing something?

Thanks for the great contribution!