Control non-flashed Tuya RGBW bulbs?

Hi

I have a few of these bulbs that cannot be flashed, while some other devices are flashed with Tasmota.
With the Tuya integration they work quite well - and even better with recent HA versions.
I found the thread on how to customize them and change the supported features, which makes the color picker available.

Controlling color and brightness with an automation/scene seems to respond in a strange way, but I guess that’s because commands have to be sent back and forth to some cloud based server.

Is there a way to make this more responsive, so that you get the color/brightness right away?
How do I know what color codes to use for these specific bulbs?

Thanks in advance!
Nick

Control them locally.

I believe NodeRed has the ability to do this.

There are a couple of no-flash “Tuya Local” options that I know of:

or

I’m not sure what you mean by this.

1 Like

Hi Tom

Thanks for these links, will have a look at it.
So, NodeRed… have seen this quite a lot, have no clue how to start with it but then maybe, it’s time to dig in

What I meant with these color codes: I’ve seen ‘xy_color’ and ‘color_temp’ and maybe even some other ways to define color settings, so it’s not clear to me.

Nick

XY, HS and RGB are all just different methods of specifying a colour. Choose the method that suits you ( I like rgb as I have a basic understanding of mixing red, green and blue to get the colour I want).

Colour temp and kelvin are methods of specifying the ‘hue’ of white light, from a cold blue to a warm yellow. I’m familiar with colour temperature in Kelvin from photography so that is my preference.

You can read more about these settings in the green box on this page: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/light/

1 Like

Thanks again for that link; that makes it more clear.
In the meantime I have succeeded to get better results by using light groups and scripts.

On the other hand, I’m considering stepping away from wifi controlled stuff (a lot of wifi networks around) and looking for alternatives.