Controlling a Denon AVR

I have a ridiculously expensive Marantz and I don’t have DIRAC. You guys have DENON devices and you have DIRAC.

The world is unjust :smiley:

Did you ever figure out how to get the value back into HA?

I’m curious about trying to retrieve the current Subwoofer level (PSSWL ?) - I can also see the response if I telnet into the AVR, but I haven’t figured out how to get it into HA.

Not natively through Home Assistant. I ended up writing a python script that telnetted into the AVR and pulled the data and then sent it to HA as a sensor. I can post the source if you like. This should work for the PSSWL output as well but it is not instant, I poll every 10 seconds

:slight_smile:

Yea, the A1H has DIRAC now. Honestly I am not sure it was worth the money compared to Audysee, since I have it I use it but if I could do it again I would opt for Audysee

If you don’t mind sharing, that’d be great - I haven’t tried anything with external sensors yet. I also don’t need instant feedback - I’m currently controlling the level from HA by sending absolute values, but it could be nice to be able to fine tune with relative values.

I’m using XML to control sub and dialog levels via Node-RED. It works fantastically well except the number entity type in Node-RED Home Assistant WebSocket cannot be set to unavailable from Node-RED when the sub cannot be governed.

Attaching my flow as a downloadable file on my site below. Please understand it may not work in your case. Use it as a guide to build your own.

https://rudd-o.com/downloads/marantz.json/view

Thanks for sharing! I haven’t played with Node-RED yet but have been curious - might finally check it out to see what you have going on.

1 Like