Controlling Bypass with comfoconnect library on a zehnder q450

Is it possible to add a 3 state enum to home assistant to control the bypass on zehnder q450 using the comfoconnect library. My goal is to automate the state of the bypass in the ventilation unit based on the internal room temperature (using a extrenal temperature sensor) To do this i need a sensor/control to send the required state from the automation platfrom to the comfoconnect library

The control or enum state should have 3 states: auto, open, close.

The commands in the comfoconnect library are:
bypass open: comfoconnect.cmd_rmi_request CMD_BYPASS_ON
bypass close: comfoconnect.cmd_rmi_request CMD_BYPASS_OFF
bypass auto: comfoconnect.cmd_rmi_request CMD_BYPASS_AUTO
Sending these command using the example provided by michealarnauts will set the bypass in the required state. Many thanks to him for creating these functions.

So the commands are already in the comfoconnect library, its just a matter of creating the right sensor/control on the home assistant side.

Comfoconnect library:

Home assistant integration:

I really hope that someone can help we with this, or point me in the right direction.

Many thanks,

Frank

Can anyone point me in the direction how to add these commands to home assistant?

Hi Frank,

I am also interested to control the bypass but also dont know how to do that.

Do you have a solution to execute these commands in home assistant?

Maybe you can help me. Thanks.

there is already a PR for controlling the bypass in the comfo unit:
See here:

I dont know when this will merged in HA.

2 Likes

Is there any news on this ?

I’ve spend some time in rewriting the integration and the underlying library to communicate with the Comfoconnect LAN C (it’s asyncio now).

This integration supports the following additional features over the existing integration:

• Configurable through the UI.
  • Allows to modify the balance mode, bypass mode, temperature profile and ventilation mode.
  • Changes to fan speed won’t be reverted after 2 hours.
  • Support to clear alarms.

But since it’s a big change, it could use some testing before I can submit this to Home Assistant.

If you want, you can install the update trough HACS.

See GitHub - michaelarnauts/home-assistant-comfoconnect: Home Assistant integration for Zehnder ComfoAir trough a Zehnder ComfoConnect LAN C. for more information.

You can discuss this at the topic here: Zehnder ComfoConnect component - #82 by michaelarnauts

1 Like

Cool!, will check it out!

Just installed and so far it is looking great. I just added a feature request to your repo to enable a switch for controlling boost mode - that is pretty much the main reason I wanted to integrate my ComfoAir Q450 with HA - to automatically boost when someone is in the shower :).

Thanks for providing this great integration!!

1 Like

Hi @sumnerboy, instead of activating boost mode you could set the fan speed to 100%. This is my automation for activating 100% fan speed when the humidity is too high:

alias: "VD2 | Als douche/bad aan: Dan ventilator aan"
description: ""
trigger:
  - type: humidity
    platform: device
    device_id: X
    entity_id: Y
    domain: sensor
    above: 70
    for:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 0
      seconds: 5
condition: []
action:
  - service: fan.set_percentage
    metadata: {}
    data:
      percentage: 100
    target:
      entity_id: fan.comfoairq
  - service: fan.set_preset_mode
    data: {}
    target:
      entity_id: fan.comfoairq
mode: single

@michaelarnauts Thank you for making and sharing this updated home-assistant-comfoconnect integration! On first glance it looks beautiful. If I have any feedback, I’ll share it with you. It’s great to be able to se the ComfoAir Q temperature profile using Home Assistant.

Thanks @elidamaise. I already have an automation which looks very similar. I have added a delay and another action to put the ComfoAir Q back into ‘auto’ mode.

However I still think it would be cleaner if we could use the built-in “Boost” function of the unit, rather than trying to synthesize it in our automation. Removes the need for the delay and changing mode (which I found was necessary).

alias: "Climate: Boost MHRV when showering"
description: ""
trigger:
  - platform: numeric_state
    entity_id: sensor.bathroom_humidity
    above: 70
condition: []
action:
  - service: fan.set_preset_mode
    data:
      preset_mode: manual