Controlling Relais

Hi,
I’m from Europe, Belgium. When I renovated my house i’ve wired every light, blinders and some outlets directly to the ‘breaker cabinet’. Is there a hardware solution that can be build into the cabinet with relay on it. So home assistent can controle these relay?
At this way i don’t need smart plugs.

Mark

Welcome :slight_smile:
There is a thread her that might give you some ideas:

I’m from Belgium too, Limburg.
I’ve used Fibaro dimmers with DIN rail mounts. You could also go PLC.

I’m thinking of using a board with 8 relays for the raspberry pi. Can that then be controlled with HA?

Personally i would not do any mains power switching with cheap boards from Ali. Keep in mind that if your pi breaks down, your lights will not work anymore …

How about dimming ?

Would love dimming. Couldn’t find any din rail dimmers on fibaro. But for lighting i could use some smart bulbs
Like in the other thread, I could use finder relais. with an arduino. I know it could fail. But keeping one in spare already configurated could help.

Untill you’re wife is alone and you’re on a night out at the pub with ur friends. Absolutely a WAF killer.
See here for a din rail mount

1 Like

Hi Guys,

I’ve done my first experiments with home assistant and I’ve mainly done media stuff and an esphome based thermostat with nodemcu devices. All working great!
I’m looking at lighting next. In my house I have standard light switches where one switch controls one light and push buttons en relais for cases where I have multiple points controlling one light.
What I would like to do is keep the existing switches en push buttons and keep them operational as is but also control them and have status in home assistant.
For the the standard switches I’m goint the sonoff way (sonoff mini’s behind the switches).

For the relais and push buttons I was hoping to get some advice from the more experienced home automation people here. SO basicly the same question as OP :slight_smile:
Pictures of my switches en central relais (I have 8 in total + 1 GE hallway timer also connected to Niko push buttons)

I could add wifi controlled relais to mimic a button press that would allow me to switch the lights but that would’t give me the current state in home assistant. Any ceative ideas here?

Regards
Steven

I think unipi or Shelly 4pro would be ok to change your push buttons