Convert from ZHA to Zigbee2MTTQ

You have to repair them

Oke. Thanks for your answer. Was afraid I had to re-pair. Pfffffff.

If you have 2 Sonoff sticks, then run both. You can then move a few devices when you have time and everything will continue to work. I moved my 80 devices over 2-3 month period, and deletes ZHA when I was finished

Hi khvej8. Thanks for your tip. Maybe I will order an extra Sonoff stick and follow your advise.

Or maybe not switch over entirely. I have both - ZHA for the majority of devices and Z2M for a few stubborn Tuya gadgets.

Stoltjack, Thanks for your answer.

But then I also need 2 Sonoff Sticks. So, except for the work, I rather swith over completely not bordering multiple solutions.

Understood - good policy. :grinning:

Note! Preferably use “Sonoff ZBDongle-P” instead of “Sonoff ZBDongle-E” for Z2M because though both work you do not yet get automated backups with ezsp adapter:

Hedda,
Thank you for the tip.
I own a Plus V2 dongle. So that should be oke.

I also had Zigbee2MTTQ configured and working but I reversed to ZHA because of the re-pairing requirement. Could not re-pair all 33 devices at once at that moment.

Also see → Migrating from a Philips Hue Bridge to the ZHA (Zigbee Home Automation) integration

Summery; there is “migration” path, you need to reset and re-pair all devices.

Not for Zigbee2MQTT, if so then you did not read my post above. Plus V2 = Dongle-E = Silicon Labs.

Hedda, oke. Sorry. I thought P was for Plus. Thanks again.

Hedda, What is your advise. Should I migrate to zigbee2mqtt with the Dongle-E. I bought a smoke detector from Tuya that does not work with ZHA as far as I know.
(TS0601 _TZE200_rccxox8p)

That is not recommended for Zigbee2MQTT as they still listed it as experimental because Zigbee2MQTT does not yet support Zigbee network backup (adapter NVRAM backups) from Silicon Labs based Zigbee Coordinator adapters. More detailed information on that here → [WIP]: EFR32 EZSP adapter implementation and test · Issue #319 · Koenkk/zigbee-herdsman · GitHub (which will change listing recommendations only if and when Zigbee network backups are fully supported for Silabs ezsp adapter → Supported Adapters | Zigbee2MQTT )

My advice for a “production enviroment with full Zigbee Coordinator / Zigbee network backup” would therefore be to instead buy a new “Sonoff ZBDongle-P” (a.k.a. “Dongle-P” based on Texas Instruments CC2652P) and do a new parallel installation of Zigbee2MQTT to allow you to reset and migrate one device at a time.

Then later after the migration is complete you can convert your “Sonoff ZBDongle-E” (a.k.a. “Dongle-E” based on Silicon Labs EFR32MG21) into a dedicated always-on Zigbee repater/extender by flashing it with Zigbee Router device firmware and powering it with a USB-changer. Preferably even start by buying a few additional of those and convert to dedicated always-on Zigbee Router devices so you can begin by adding those before migrating any devices, as then those will create a kind of backbone network nodes that will make your Zigbee network more stable overall.

Regardless,I highly recommend that you read this guide before getting started and try to follow it if possible → Zigbee networks: how to guide for avoiding interference and optimize for getting better range + coverage

Summary; the more “known good” Zigbee Router devices you have that are always connected the more stable your Zigbee network will be, and having a few “known great” Zigbee Router devices will usually give a much better Zigbee experience overall.

Suggest also reading this → Not many people know that... A random collection of Zigbee trivia

A suggestion if you want to help the ZHA community a little then consider at least pairing/joining it to the ZHA integration while you still have it and submitting a device feature request with device signature + ZHA diagnostics in an issue to the ZHA Device Handlers (a.k.a. ZHA-quirks) project repository → https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/zha#how-to-add-support-for-new-and-unsupported-devices

If you want to give back it simple job for you that will help others in the future who buy the same device.

Thanks Hedda for this information.
Think I have a lot to learn about Zigbee / HA.
Reading de information behind the links you send me with surely help.

I will order the Sonoff ZBDingle-P I think but first I will read the information.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Looks link both Sonoff sitck are now Zigbee2MQTT certified:

I’m not sure where you got this picture from, however I would recommend you source the Zigbee2MQTT web site and github for information on it’s current status. Here is the link:

IMHO, posting random pictures without supporting information is not really helpful.

Hope you are successful with your home automation adventures.

Found that on the Sonoff website :

SONOFF Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus-P - SONOFF Official

Thanks for the hint.

I will check Supported Adapters | Zigbee2MQTT next time

Just to be shure. Is this the one I need to order :

SONOFF ZigBee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus, TI CC2652P Coördinator, Universele USB ZigBee Hub, ZigBee Gateway voor Home Assistant : Amazon.nl: Elektronica

Dongle E can also be used as a thread border router/dual protocol dongle with flashed with Darkxst’s firmware. So the other dongle E you have can serve other purposes.

Hope the info helps :slightly_smiling_face: