Converting a Light Sconce

Hello
I have a 120V light sconce that I want to install on a wall where there isn’t any electrical. I’m wondering if anyone has converted to a 12V standalone setup that would use a battery back and be controlled via Home Assistant? I imagine I would need the following:

• 12V DC Bulb
  • Lithium ion or other type of battery pack - with a means of charging it without taking the sconce off the wall
  • Esp32 with relay and flash it with ESPHome

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

I think this could be a challenging project to run off of battery and get a decent battery life.

Are the lights LEDs?

Any chance of solar charging?

Will the ESP need to be on the network or could it wake up only on a schedule or motion detected etc?

I don’t know about your power conversation Q’s…

Hello.
Thanks for the response. Forgot to mention the bulbs will be LED’s and they’ll be no chance of solar. I’m not sure what the draw on the batteries by the ESP32 will be, but I’m hoping to control the lights via WiFi. I envision the pack only needing to last about 20 hours before recharging and I’m hoping that a USB C can be incorporated as a charge port at the bottom of the sconce so that I don’t have to take it off the wall to re-charge the battery. There are companies that sell table laps with a built in battery pack, but they lack the built in WiFi (at least the ones I’ve looked into). Hence my quest to include an ESP32.

That sounds doable. Sometimes people are targeting months etc between charges.
You could take a look at ESPs with a lower idle current. But I guess the light energy draw would be much larger than the esp draw so would be driving time between charges.

I don’t think I have much to offer on other aspects of your project. Good luck!

Okay. Thanks for the feed back. The other option is to have the sconce hard wired in by an electrician and who knows how difficult and costly that would be.

Hello
I found this bulb on Amazon and am wondering if anyone has found a similar product that can integrate in Home Assistant?

USB C Rechargeable Light Bulb with Remote Control, 7W Battery Powered Light Bulbs E26 Touch Control Dimmable LED Bulb with Timing Function, Outdoor Camping Emergency Light Bulb with Hook,3000k/1 Pack