Converting arduino code to esphome

Ah, I thought the .ino file was just setting up an webserver… Once webserver is online , the program is uploaded to webserver and done…
So just wanted to make a webserver using esphome…

Why can’t I do that , what’s the difference creating a webserver using that ino sketch instead of esphome?

Exactly.

You probably can (see my link to the ESPHome doc regarding a web server, above), but it’s pointless, as the final firmware that you’ll install will have no ESPHome capabilities, anyway.
You won’t be a ble to “translate” the “.bin.” into an ESPHome YAML, it that’s the endgame.

Are you doing all this just to avoid installing the Arduino IDE?
It would have taken less time to install it and follow the instructions than to write those posts :wink:

No, I want use esphome to setup the webserver part, to avoid using a second piece of hardware… (Esp32)

I already have an ESP32 outside using esphome that connects to my pool monitor, I just want to extend it so I can use the same device to connect to my robohome mower

I don’t think I need to translate the .bin file to yaml, the bin file just need to be uploaded to the webserver, I think the bin file is the complete website that needs to be running

That will not be possible.
The mower firmware will “take over” the ESP32

No, it’s the full ESP32 firmware

That mower costs 1.5-2K€. What’s the problem with buying a 2nd 5€ ESP32?

Ok , too bad, shopping on AliExpress for a second device :slight_smile:
Thnx for feedback!