Core-2021.8.0 Utility Meters broken

Hi guys,
just installed the brand new core-2021.8.0 and now all my utility Meters are gone.
They are still in the conifg file, and I see no errors, but the sensors seem to be gone.

Not able to see them in the Developement tools and in Lovelace.

Any hints?

2 Likes

Ok, I found the problem, somehow they now have other names.
The name tag was for example “Solar Täglich”, the Sensor Name was “sensor.solar_daily”, now the Sensor is called “sensor.solar_taglich”

I don’t know what happended here

Example Config:
utility_meter:
power_server_monthly:
name: Server Strom Monatlich
source: sensor.tasmota2_energy_today
cycle: monthly

Before the Sensor name was: sensor.power_server_monthly

Now it ist: sensor.Server.Strom.Monatlich

What is going on??

Just an FYI, my utility meter sensor names did not change with the update. Hope that helps you narrow it down.

I don’t seem to be the only one:

Just reporting your temporary workaround for this that @theslash found:

utility_meter:
power_server_monthly:
#name: Server Strom Monatlich
source: sensor.tasmota2_energy_today
cycle: monthly

It will then use the old aggregated values and the sensor sensor.power_server_monthly will reappear, but it will not show the friendly name in user interface. It is good enough for me until there is a fix available.

1 Like

Looks like this PR introduced the change:

With my very limited knowledge of HA internals, I believe that instead of CONF_NAME, CONF_FRIENDLY_NAME should be used (and UtilityMeter would need to be modified to support friendly_name I guess).

3 Likes

But as far as I see, friendly_name is not availible in the ultility_meter yaml. @dgomes said the behavior of the utility_meter integration is related to changes in HA core not in the integration itself. But can someone tell me how I get friendly names to my sensors as name and friendly_name aren’t availible atm. Neither in front end?

Have you found a fix for this? Today I updated also from May to recent version and noticed the behaviour. The best thing up to now getting the old behaviour, was:

• removing the name field from utility meter
  • using a customize.yaml file to give them the friendly_name parameter

It works like it used to, but feel hacky.

Hi,
sorry for the late Answer, no I didnt find a solution, just did the same as you.