Correct use of templates in automations

It seems that if the router drops both devices separated by only seconds the automation is run twice and everything works as intended.

When the router drops both devices at once, the automation is only triggered once

And a Error Message is created:

So I guess the only way to work around this is to split the lifecycle of each person into separate identical automations.

Set the mode to parallel for the automation. It’s currently running in single mode so it can only run the second one when the first one is finished.

Normally this wouldn’t be a problem because there would normally be a time difference between the triggers that exceeds the running time of the action, but by the sound of it your presence detection will update both at the exact same millisecond, so you need to set the run mode as parallel so that you can run 2 instances of the automation at the same time.

Ah, thank you very much. It makes sense, have not come across this scenario again for now, but this will hopefully resolve the issue. I did come across this in the documentation at some point, but I am still learning alot and I cannot recall all the integrations, options I have with the configuration.

1 Like