Crestron TSW 1060. POE HA dash for $30. Firmware

1070 cost little more -)
I think ill try to print custom in wall box and add magnets, or just double sided velcro, not sure yet.

1 Like

Online radio work on TSS/TWS without problems.

Does the app reload when coming out of standby for everyone else? These work pretty great so far in my testing except for 2 issues:

1. The brightness control is only high or low, rather than variable. This is a very minor issue, but would be nice to have a more refined experience.

2. If I enable standby (so the screen is off when not in use), it reloads the HA page when you tap on it. I donā€™t know why it would do this, and itā€™s pretty frustrating because it triggers the reload right when you are about to tap on something.

The first one I can ignore, as it works well enough. I think the second is an issue when these are installed in a bedroom, because I canā€™t control the brightness level and using something like Wallpanel (the HACS frontend module, not the Android app) can only make the screen black, not turn out the backlight.

Also, it seems to persist in reloading using a white background, which is extra jarring.

I canā€™t find any controls to prevent it from reloading.

Yep, I not found way to auto dim brightness yet.
I donā€™t use standby mode because of reload after woke up.
For me ideal be dim brightness to 10% when not used and return to last settings if movement detected.

I have a lot more experimenting to do, and thereā€™s an issue with getting authenticated, but the screenā€™s API is pretty decent. Not everything is documented, but you can watch the RESTful commands when setting properties via the web UI.

For example, you can POST this data to /Device/DeviceOperations to make the screen enter standby:

{
  "Device": {
    "DeviceOperations": {
      "EnterStandby": true
    }
  }
}

and this to wake the screen back up (not available from the UI, but I guessed on the command):

{
  "Device": {
    "DeviceOperations": {
      "ExitStandby": true
    }
  }
}

It still reloads the content when using that command, but it might be worth it to put the screen to sleep manually based on time and wake it based on time for power saving. This could also be used as a hack to force the panel to reload.

There are similar commands to set the brightness level, or to set the automatic brightness levels.

This was just some basic experimenting I did tonight while getting ready for the North America eclipse tomorrow, so hopefully it inspires someone else to look into the API more.

1 Like

Has anyone had any luck with a TWS-560p-b-s? Iā€™ve upgraded the firmware as posted earlier but there doesnā€™t seem to be an option to browse to a URLā€¦maybe Iā€™m missing something. There is no option for EMS under Applications - Just User Project, Default, Home and Appspace.

Iā€™d been keen on the ā€˜programā€™ for the web browser if youā€™re willing to share. I want to create a dashboard in HA for my tsw-560p to control a couple of things

Hey Paul, I just tested a 560 non p and found the same, converted it to a p model using the text console command ā€œlcdorientation portraitā€ and same thing in p mode.

I loaded my browser app to it, and I can browse some websites but I canā€™t get the HA login screen to workā€¦ Might work with a less complex dashboard ?

I can end the vtz file when I get home !

P.s. the web browser program isnā€™t great, it will go back to crestron website on power loss :frowning:

2 Likes

Ahhh damn! Okay, well thanks for trying it. Iā€™m only planning on using it a simple dashboard with a couple of buttons for a light and some A/V related buttons (Projector on/off or run script etc.) so, maybe. Shoot it over when you get a chance and Iā€™ll have a play. I just donā€™t have the programming software to make my ownā€¦yet.

http://zip.rei.moe/u/PwIQXn.vtz

please make a mirror if you are able! so it lasts forever :slight_smile:

1 Like

Like others, just picked up an old Crestron unit at recyclers. Anyone know if the TSW-750 uses the same firmware as above? There arenā€™t any projects or anything on the unit and I canā€™t seem to load anything to the panel without Crestron Toolbox. Just need a way to get it my HA dashboard URLā€¦