Custom Component: ABB/Power-One/FIMER PV Inverters - SunSpec Modbus TCP

Ciao Alessandro.

If you read more carefully the readme in the repo, my integration is based on the SunSpec register map, so it requires a VSN300/VSN700 card in the inverter. Those cards translate the Aurora native protocol in SunSpec, they act as protocol gateways.

If you want to use your Elfin, you will need to use the native ABB integration, but it will only provide you with one sensor, the production.

I would advise you to purchase the VSN300 card, first check if your inverter supports it.

thanks, the native abb integration, The only one i found is for a cable configuration. I don’t know if there is one for elfin ew11 wifi. The vsn300 card is more expencive for a old inverter…

the price of the vsn300 doesn’t depend on the inverter model. you can find it for 120-140.

elfin ew11 15 euro…
I don’t spend that money In a old installation (up 16 years old)
may be 4 years and I change all my photovoltaic system
…naturally if i could to configurate one or any sensor with my ew11 i’m satisfied…

Im not an expert like Alessandro, but if I googled correctly ew11 is nothing more than a rs485 to wifi adapter. It exposes quite a lot of protocols, but basically you should be able to connect to it via modbus native integration.

see here for the basics:

Obviously you must adapt the code to reflect you inverter register map, not thesimplest thing in the world but doable if you find the inverter manual/register map with addresses.
In this way you should be able to gather all the metrics your inverter exposes over RS485.

Alessandro can correct me if I’m wrong…

I think it’s what i did. or rather, what I tried to do.
unfortunately all the sensors created do not give values ​​or rather “values ​​not available”
so, I definitely did something wrong. At a certain point I thought that maybe that configuration might not work with my inverter.
finally, contrary to what you think, I am very ignorant on the subject. In Italy they say: I’m groping in the dark. Thank you for your reply.

this is a work witch is out of my capacity.

could this be it?