Custom Component: ABB/Power-One/FIMER PV Inverters - SunSpec Modbus TCP

@zsakaipeter Use 40000 as base address instead of 0 in the Inverter Connection Config, and retry.

@Sred when we made it work, did you also use 40000 or you left 0 in the integration configuration?

@alexdelprete if I set it to 40000, I get this error

Ok, I checked your qmodmaster screenshot: at address 40070 I see the value 103, that is the invtype (inverter type), 103 indicates you have a 3-phase inverter. So the communication is correct with base address 0 and slave id 247, use those values.

Now, I just pushed v2.0.3 which improves some logging messages at startup so we can see the specific values if it errors. Please update, configure the values as I said previously and report back.

Please MAKE SURE you don’t have qmodmaster connected while testing the integration, it creates connection issues when multiple apps access port 502 on the VSN300. That could have been the cause of your frist try. :slight_smile:

Let me know…

P.S.: if you are on Discord, feel free to add me: alexdelprete#5566

I installed the update and it says the same error as before.

2022-10-05 09:46:29.980 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.abb_powerone_pvi_sunspec] Reading data failed! Please check Slave ID: 247
2022-10-05 09:46:29.986 ERROR (MainThread) [custom_components.abb_powerone_pvi_sunspec] Reading data failed! Please check Reg. Base Address: 0
2022-10-05 09:46:29.988 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.sensor] Error while setting up abb_powerone_pvi_sunspec platform for sensor
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 281, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.shield(task)
  File "/config/custom_components/abb_powerone_pvi_sunspec/sensor.py", line 31, in async_setup_entry
    if hub.data["invtype"] == INVERTER_TYPE[101]:
KeyError: 'invtype'

I added some more logging info in a new v2.0.4 so we can see from the logs some more info on data. Want to check the value of invtype. Please install it and report the logs.

Exactly the same error message as before

We can continue troubleshooting on Discord as well zsakaipeter#0302

Yes, but in 2.0.4 I added some logging messages to help troubleshooting. Please report the logs.

I’ll contact you on Discord.

v2.0.6 has been released. I ask anybody who can to test it and report back, I changed quite a few things and I want to be sure I didn’t break anything. In my system everything’s working fine, but obviously I need different testers. Thanks for any help on this. :slight_smile:

Changelog:

• Introduced new model detection, processing the Options register as per FIMER specifications. If your model is shown as unknown, please check the log, you’ll find an error with the data needed to add your model to the list. Unfortunately I have only found an old list with some models, but doesn’t cover all of the newer ones.

• Restructured the ModBus read routine: split it in 3 reads because on some old inverters there was a problem reading more than 50 registers at a time. Max register per read in ModBus TCP is 123. So now the integration does 3 reads. Might change this in the future, it’s not the most efficient way.
  • Added some debug logging in case we need it to troubleshoot
  • Added error logging on inverter type and model checks, if something strange we expose it in the log as error

v2.0.7 released: I forgot to merge a couple of minor things in v2.0.6:

• Finally fixed cabinet temperature register for some old inverters
  • Changed default config parameters for initial configuration

v2.0.8 released:

• Fixed bug in new model detection

In case the integration doesn’t have the model# (represented by the Options sensor), it will raise an error in the log. If you report it to me, along with the real inverter model, I can add it to the embedded list so the integration will display it in the future. I added all known models I have, but probably the newer ones are missing.

Thanks.

Abdulla, you have a UNO-DM-4.0-TL-PLUS-SB right? And the integration reports 0x01ED as the first part of the Options sensor, correct?

I introduced the model detection in latest version, but I need to add all inverters not present. Your model is identified by 0x01 (ED is the family number), so I will add it to the list if you can confirm.

@febba if you still use the integration, could you please do the same thing I asked Abdulla above? You should have a UNO-DM-3.0-TL-PLUS, I need the Options value to add it to the known inverter list. Thanks.

Thanks.

Rob,

there was a bug pointed to me by someone on GH regarding this issue. Please upgrade to latest version and let me know if you still see the same behaviour.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

Thanks Alex for the info. :relaxed:

You mean for this integration? Yes, v2.0.8. HACS should notify that in your HA instance, unless you installed it manually. If you installed it manually, you need to enable the Watch feature on the GitHub repo to be notified when a new release is available.

1 Like

Hi All, I have a ABB PVI3.0 and love to get this into Home Assistant. I’m in the UK. But can’t get hold of a VSN300. Anyone got one to purchase?

Thanks in advance.
Chris

You could send an email to FIMER, and ask for the resellers in UK.

Otherwise, you might be able to order it on the site where I purchased it, it’s in Italy:
ABB VSN300 WIFI LOGGER CARD – SCHEDA ESPANSIONE WI-FI INVERTER UNO E TRIO - Solar Energy Point

There is also this one, they have it in stock:
ABB/FIMER VSN300 WIFI LOGGER CARD (tecno-logistica.it)

Yes the model number is as you mentioned UNO-DM-4.0-TL-PLUS-SB and it reports 0x01ED/0xFF38/

Thanks

Added your model, thank you.

1 Like

Yes, I’m still using it. My version is:

UNO-DM-3.0-TL-PLUS - Manuf.: ABB - Model: -3P86- - Options: 0x0CED/0xFF69/ - OptModel: 0x0CED/0xFF69/ - OptModelInt: 12

Let me know if you need anything else. Thank you