[Custom component] AsusRouter integration

Search the Forum for flex-table-card, i know it’s there, unfortunately, i deleted the “flex-table-card” i made on “trackers” ( remember flex-table is rows (with columns) from 1 and the same sensor/entity so i doubt you can squeeze in “parental” options, as i don’t see this in the “Trackers” attributes
And it’s basic text-table, last time i looked at it

Quite common some people make Groups, for certain i.e. devices, and “apply” an automation or in other means a script etc., to the Group.
So the first think for you to consider is, do you need a group or groups for your “Parental” feature “turn on/off”, will all be turned on/of at same time/conditions, or what ? , Your “plan” is what sets the requirements, 1 automation ?, 2, 40 ?

I don’t use parental control, but I do have a dashboard using flex-table-card which might be easy to add additional info you need:

type: custom:flex-table-card
sort_by:
  - devices+
entities:
  include: sensor.aimesh_router_connected_devices
columns:
  - data: devices
    modify: x.ip
    hidden: true
    name: ' Device Name'
    icon: mdi:devices
    modify: x.name
    name: ' Address'
    icon: mdi:ip-network
    modify: x.ip
    name: ' MAC'
    icon: mdi:barcode-scan
    modify: x.mac
    name: Connection type
    modify: x.connection_type
    name: AiMesh node
    modify: >-
      x.node.replace('7c:10:XX:YY:ZZ:60','Node').replace('7c:10:XX:YY:BB:e0','Router')
card_mod:
  style: |
    ha-card {
      box-shadow: none;
      background: none;
    }
1 Like

Info yes, but i think he means a “Button” for turn Parental on/of ( and there is no such in the “Trackers” entities), so i think inte that case ( as your lists ) maybe he could use auto-entities, but im sure he dont want to sit and click/choose individual Buttons every now and then … so im pretty sure his only option is Automation/Automations ( And i.e groups )

1 Like

Hi, Yevhenii!
Thanks for your amazing work!
I am running HA core 2022.11.5. I installed AsusRouter via HACS (v 1.29.1), and I am wondering why I am stuck at version 0.14.3 when you already released 0.17.4. It’s not particularly critical for me, but I thought I ask. Is the HACS repository running behind? (Or are you just “too fast” releasing new versions?)
When I was digging around, I found that on top of the AsusRouter page in HACS, there is a button supposedly pointing to the new release. However, this button actually points to https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Vaskivskyi/ha-asusrouter/releases, which leads to a 400: invalid request error in my case. Could this possibly have anything to do with it?

I thought it was worth reporting that when I was running both AsusWRT and AsusRouter at the same time, it made my AC68P router crash pretty frequently. (Like more than once per day.) What happened was that the router apparently ran out of memory (could not allocate memory errors in the router log), even though the RAM was somewhere in the 70% range. Restarting the router got it going again, but only for so many hours.
I removed AsusWRT, and now it’s running stably, using somewhere like 56-62% RAM.

Of course, you could ask why I would do such a thing and run both AsusWRT and AsusRouter at the same time. Answer is that I was simply testing them simultaneously to figure out which one I would like more. Well, apparently, that’s not a great idea, and I thought I share this here so that others don’t make the same mistake.

Hehe, i can’t tell for sure, but yes i also lately seen info in regards to an update, but seen no update-info in my HA … HACCS / Integration , at the 3 dots, you’ll also see " Re download " , that give you the latest ver.

Disable the other … or in fact, uninstall AsusWrt :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
( I i did the same " disabled " AsusWrt until i decided to remove it )

Hello,

Versions up to 0.16.1 are available for HA version 2022.11.5 which you have. Versions 0.17.0+ are only for HA 2023.1.0+

That is strange that your HACS does not show any updates. Might be you actually need to reload HACS integration if it has stuck

Ah, thanks so much!

Well, I did the “redownload” thing, but then got an error message “You are running Home Assistant version '2022.11.5', but this repository requires minimum version '2023.1.0' to be installed.
Well, that explains it! I will wait a few more days, until things around the new 2023.1 release have settled.

My thoughts 2, but the latest 2-3 updates, i had to “Redownload” after reading about an update here … and my HACS and HA have been rebooted and restarted several times

Weird. Did not ever happen to me - all the HACS updates are shown when available

Well i don’t say im an impatience person, but eventually i guess they “turn up” here also, also happens( sometimes some delays in this end) with the officiell HA updates … and lately( last 2-3 weeks) i’ve been sitting and my laptop every day, so i’ve seen the release “note” in here … and i guess i just didn’t have patience enough, so i just clicked Redownload :slight_smile:

:loudspeaker: Support the feature request to add AsusRouter as HA Core integration

Hey. I would like to remind you about the possibility to vote for the feature request

1 Like

Hi. I’m using two asus-routers as meshnodes only. Will i be able to use devicetracking? And would I need to add both the nodes in HA?

I tried only adding my main node, as a mesh-node. And then I only get sensors from the router, not any devices(as far as I can see)

edit:

I changed it to router mode and i got all the devices.

Hey,

If you are using Asus AiMesh, you cannot have only nodes - there should be 1 router - the one to which your internet is actually connected. Add that one in the router mode in configuration to get the most reliable device tracking. No need to add all the nodes.

If you are using any other kind of mesh, you can try adding one of the nodes in router mode, but I am not sure, whether this will be reliable tracking

I’m pretty sure you can set it as Access Point mode, so none of the nodes will be acting like a router…

Something like this (not tested):

As @EdwardTFN said, you can have it as a access point only.

I use a Palo Alto Firewall as the “router”, then one Asus as AP and one Asus as Mesh Node.

But it worked with configuring one as Router and one as Node.
Only “issue” is that I get alot more entities than needed(like disable firewall, parent control etc).

I see. Actually, this is the mode, about which I did not think a lot yet. I will try to find a solution for AP mode, so I will have all the useful sensors, but won’t have useless

1 Like